Some hunters are a**holes!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Some hunters are a**holes!!

Post by chris4570 »

After helping Ecoaster with his buck(thread to follow I'm sure), I decided to head back out for the remainder of the day. There were a couple of guys at the parking lot and we chatted it up a bit. It was their first time hunting this place. So they headed out and I soon followed.

I ran into them further down the trail and let them know where I was going to be hunting. I actually pointed to the field where Ecoaster has a stand and where I intended to hunt. They headed in the opposite direction as I informed them of some good buck sign that way. They watched me go to where I was planning to hunt.

So I get to the field, and walk the perimeter laying down a scent trail, so it leads back to the stand. I get settled in. After about fifteen minutes I see the same two guys walk into the field out in front of the stand. I let them know I was there but they continued to walk in front of me. So I yelled "Hey, I'm hunting here." "Oh sorry we didn't know you were hunting here." :evil: :evil: Bulls**t!! I just told you I was going to be hunting here. They didn't bother turning around but instead continued tramping through.

I yelled at them "Why don't you just come and sit under my stand?!" "We're just going to go into the forest over there." You mean less than a 100 yards from where I'm set up. I know I don't own the forest but come on! There's a heck of a lot of other places you can park your butt.

So off they went. It got quiet again. I figured I will try rattling so maybe I can get the deer to head over towards my stand before getting a nose full of their scent. Not five minutes later I hear some branches breaking behind me. Then I see the two guys walking towards me from behind my stand!! They walked within 30 yards, walked back out into the field walked around a little more and left :? :shock: :evil: . What the f*ck!! I don't know what they were thinking tramping around like that just as the day is winding down.

There was also another guy a day earlier who was being a dick. I got to the hunting spot early and met another hunter. We chatted on the way in. I let him know where I was going to be hunting and where Ecoaster was going to be hunting. He said he was going to go to hunt the field where I had just told him that someone else had a stand and would be hunting there. It turns out this guy set up 30 yards from Ecoasters stand.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Deer Dave

Post by Deer Dave »

Some guys are either ignorant or stupid or BOTH. Sorry to hear that they ruined your hunt. They always act dumb like they really are.
huntman

Post by huntman »

that's why i refuse to hunt on crown land! If you don't want that problem find some private property
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

They figure you have the area down pat and were sticking close.... :twisted: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Hi, sorry to hear that.
I had a simular problem where two guys on a quade road buy my ground blind and stoped ten feet away, so the driver could point out to his buddy theres a blind. Then road of to the end of the feild, turned around and raced past again. In this area the are no motorized vehicales alowed.
Nudo7

Post by Nudo7 »

Sorry to hear that, I'm lucky and don't have to worry about that now anymore...but down here in Alabama, a good ole arse kicking would put a stop to that, usually you dont hear much of hunters around hear causing that kind of trouble unless it was accidental, because they all know what will happen..... :D
Thats Right!!
Member NRA
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b133/nudo7/Nudo7.jpg[/img]
Hunter Dan

Post by Hunter Dan »

huntman wrote:that's why i refuse to hunt on crown land! If you don't want that problem find some private property

Have to agree with ya Huntman......we hunt 220 acres of private property on Manitoulin Island.....we put up some No Tresspasing signs and peace and quiet. :D
wabi

Post by wabi »

Chris,
Been giving it some thought before I replied, and I'm not sure I can express my thoughts, but I'll try.
First, I don't think many true hunters are a**holes, but a lot of a**holes, unfortunately, are out there with hunting equipment simply to put on a show. Whether it's to impress friends, look cool, or simply evade family responsibilities they buy a bow or gun and a tag and run out without any real knowledge or hunting skills. They may even get a chance to see game, and sometimes get a shot, but they are not true sportsmen. If they were they would be considerate of another person's right to enjoy the outdoors, too. I wouldn't give them the title of hunter, but rather just refer to them as some jerk who was carrying a bow and wandering aimlessly around the countryside.
wabi
Deer Dave

Post by Deer Dave »

wabi wrote:Chris,
Been giving it some thought before I replied, and I'm not sure I can express my thoughts, but I'll try.
First, I don't think many true hunters are a**holes, but a lot of a**holes, unfortunately, are out there with hunting equipment simply to put on a show. Whether it's to impress friends, look cool, or simply evade family responsibilities they buy a bow or gun and a tag and run out without any real knowledge or hunting skills. They may even get a chance to see game, and sometimes get a shot, but they are not true sportsmen. If they were they would be considerate of another person's right to enjoy the outdoors, too. I wouldn't give them the title of hunter, but rather just refer to them as some jerk who was carrying a bow and wandering aimlessly around the countryside.

wabi, thats a very true and polite way of putting it.
bowhunter4334

Post by bowhunter4334 »

yup, i gotta agree.........

i just started hunting this 100 acre patch........i know the owner, and it's just a bush lot he is hanging onto for investment........

so, basically, even if i didnt know him, it would be ok.........

a couple of other guys have this figured out..........there arent any 'no tresspass' signs, nor are there any 'no hunting' signs........so great for everyone, right? right...

we, these jokers have decided they want to bring their 4 wheeler in.......
so what do they do......? they cut the guys fence with wire cutters!

i dont want to tell buddy, because next thing is going to be private property and no hunting, because now....all hunters are a**holes

it just takes a couple of guys to ruin it for everyone else

guys....my sentiments exactly

bowhunter4334
Humans are hunters and gatherers by nature, although most do it in grocery stores these days......Reality isn't what it used to be !
A.W

Post by A.W »

I went for a walk up at the property this weekend and found that somebody had put a treestand up(about 30 feet high) on my property.

I left him a note and even wrote a message on one of his home made steps. Then I went back to my truck and got my chainsaw and dropped some trees over the road he was using.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
kwanzanator

Post by kwanzanator »

LOL at AW..... dropping trees!!! Thats the way to do it!! ha ha
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

Wabi is right Chris4570, most of these guys don't qualify to be called hunters and some aren't even decent people. Sure, some do not know what they are doing out there but its no excuse to act that ignorant and selfesh. Unfortunately our society is full of this me me attitude and a to hell with everyone else point of view. If these people would just extend a little common courteousy not just while hunting but in society as well it would serve them well through life.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
wabi

Post by wabi »

A.W,
I'd have been tempted to fell the tree with the stand in it. When it was occupied :wink:
wabi
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

You guys are right. The term hunters does not apply to them. What's worse is they were toting Excaliburs. I guess when you are a regular forum member you kind of get the feeling most Excalibur shooters/hunters are decent folk. Unfortunately even a**holes buy the best!

Wabi; I wish I had a couple of blunts in my quiver. Between the eyes or between the legs.......hmmmmmmmmmm!! :twisted:
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"