scentloc or any other carbon clothing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

No problem Cyclone.....it's only natural for someone who has been suckered to defend his purchase........

I'm wondering if you read the article and how you explain away the facts about saturation of the carbon and how much heat would be required to drive out the scent molecules???
CYCLONE

Post by CYCLONE »

GonHuntin wrote:No problem Cyclone.....it's only natural for someone who has been suckered to defend his purchase........

I'm wondering if you read the article and how you explain away the facts about saturation of the carbon and how much heat would be required to drive out the scent molecules???
It would take my 11 year old 20 minutes to write the article you are talking about.

SUCKERED, if I lost my scent locks or was out of SCENT FREE CARBON SPRAY I WOULD BE OUT BUYING MORE RIGHT NOW if I still had tags to fill.
If you can't Dodge It, Ram IT
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

CYCLONE wrote: It would take my 11 year old 20 minutes to write the article you are talking about.
I had my suspicions, but now I KNOW you are full of it!!! :D
CYCLONE

Post by CYCLONE »

COOL !
terry-1

scent loc

Post by terry-1 »

I have a scent lock complete suit which I use time to time but to be honest I am not to sure it works as stated after doing alot of reading about it. I think it may work better only because I seem to take better care of it keeping it in a special bag. I toss it in the dryer before hunting which should help to free orders carbon or not clothing. Basiclly I am doing what I should do to all of my camo colthing in a perfect world. I hardly ever get smelled by deer anytime as I tend to watch the wind,wear clean camo with light cover scent such as real ceder limbs rubbed onto my cloths right before the hunt.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Reference only---------->
CYCLONE wrote: if I lost my scent locks or was out of SCENT FREE CARBON SPRAY I WOULD BE OUT BUYING MORE RIGHT NOW if I still had tags to fill.
Ok here is the problem in a nut shell..People are lazy...They want to rely on somethin else to cover up or make up for the lack of hunting skills, ( in some cases )..I dont use the crap and i see plenty deer on a constant basis..had one come so close last year I could reach out and almost touch him with my BP barrel..Ive researched the carbons scent locks ect..all people want to do is cut corners with that stuff...
What would you really rather do???? 1. Go to the woods no matter what the wind is doing or not and hoping that a suit your wearing will get you past that nose of ole big boy....unlikley at best its a tool to give an edge mabey like mentioned before a confidence thing.or just camo....OR......... 2... Go to the woods do your homework hunt the stand that the wind will allow and when ole mossy comes by you dont have to hope oh I hope this crap works cause the wind is bad...Well I spend to much time and hard work on studing the land and the areas where i hunt.. that aint gonna happen..AGAIN..I had the crap I wanted the edge so i got it..I was busted just as much as without it..Infact it made me lazy I would hunt areas I shouldnt hoping the stuff would work..There aint no gettin past an adult deers nose PERIOD...If your pegged your pegged..I went back to playing the wind and I am alot more successful no doubt.. Cycloon in all your 40 years you aint learned much.
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
CYCLONE

Post by CYCLONE »

Hoss wrote:Reference only---------->
CYCLONE wrote: if I lost my scent locks or was out of SCENT FREE CARBON SPRAY I WOULD BE OUT BUYING MORE RIGHT NOW if I still had tags to fill.
Ok here is the problem in a nut shell..People are lazy...They want to rely on somethin else to cover up or make up for the lack of hunting skills, ( in some cases )..I dont use the crap and i see plenty deer on a constant basis..had one come so close last year I could reach out and almost touch him with my BP barrel..Ive researched the carbons scent locks ect..all people want to do is cut corners with that stuff...
What would you really rather do???? 1. Go to the woods no matter what the wind is doing or not and hoping that a suit your wearing will get you past that nose of ole big boy....unlikley at best its a tool to give an edge mabey like mentioned before a confidence thing.or just camo....OR......... 2... Go to the woods do your homework hunt the stand that the wind will allow and when ole mossy comes by you dont have to hope oh I hope this crap works cause the wind is bad...Well I spend to much time and hard work on studing the land and the areas where i hunt.. that aint gonna happen..AGAIN..I had the crap I wanted the edge so i got it..I was busted just as much as without it..Infact it made me lazy I would hunt areas I shouldnt hoping the stuff would work..There aint no gettin past an adult deers nose PERIOD...If your pegged your pegged..I went back to playing the wind and I am alot more successful no doubt.. Cycloon in all your 40 years you aint learned much.
\Hoss, thankyou for the wakeup call. I am burning all my carbon clothing and spray as I type, look to the North, you may be able to see it if you pull your panties down.
Gerard Dick

Post by Gerard Dick »

Mr Deer knows we all have bad breath. Mostly it comes from one end and some from the other. There's no stopping it and no fancy clothes can protect against it. We worry about B.O. but one garlic burp or bean fart and we have a "flag" waving in the wind.
we get too soon old and too late smart
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

If these scentlock suits were so great at eliminating our scent do you not think they would be used by drug dealers to ship drugs? If a dog can smell it so can a deer. Hunt the wind, and if you have the skills you could get within arms reach of a deer. My closest is 3 yards, on the ground. No scentloc suit, no carbon spray, just wind direction
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
CYCLONE

Post by CYCLONE »

Chris 4570 and Hoss,

Do you two get off on flaming people? Why do you think the hunters that use Scent loks and scent reducing sprays don't give a piss about wind direction and scent control? The reason I purchase this stuff is for this exact reason. You two have baffled me (being the GWH you both appear to be) in that neither of you have mentioned wind swirls, downdrafts, updrafts or thermal currents when the wind is suddenly on your back when it had just been in your face. Or does this natural occuring occurance not happen in you happy hunting ground? Are scent loks a 100% guarantee or allow the hunter to become lazy, no. Can they give you an extra 10 yards of closing distance or an extra 10 seconds of time to score I do believe so if used correctly. A budy of mine and myself stalked to withing 20 yards of 12-15 elk as they were feeding and they actually totally encircled us as I was waiting for a clear shot, theyeventually spoked as a cow would not clear the bull, they only went 100 yards off so we stalked into them again and had a clear shot the second time and downed a very nice 5X5. Could this have been done without some scent control, I don't beleive since the wind in these areas is very unpredictable and changes on the minute.
As far as petting deer, I will leave that up to you two, when this guy was coming in the last thing on my mind was if I was going to be able to touch him when he was still alive, all I wanted to do was stick one in his boiler.[img][img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c278/ ... 0_0757.jpg[/img]
[/img]
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

CYCLONE wrote:Chris 4570 and Hoss,

neither of you have mentioned wind swirls, downdrafts, updrafts or thermal currents when the wind is suddenly on your back when it had just been in your face. Or does this natural occuring occurance not happen in you happy hunting ground?
Sure it happens. Sometimes you get the deer sometimes you don't. That's a part of hunting. I don't have to kill something every time I am out to have an enjoyable outing. There's always another day. So if the wind is dancing all around me so be it. Just being out is a pleasurable experience.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Yep, Looks like a road kill to me!! :D :D (Hey, you said "If you can't Dodge It, Ram IT")

Do you use a scent lock car cover too?? :lol: :lol:
CYCLONE

Post by CYCLONE »

GonHuntin wrote:Yep, Looks like a road kill to me!! :D :D (Hey, you said "If you can't Dodge It, Ram IT")

Do you use a scent lock car cover too?? :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the flame and now you've got me all misty eyed. Its nice to see we are finally warming up to each other.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

CYCLONE, the way I look at it if it works for you...Then use it..If something works for me then no matter what some one else has to say means anything (What I think is working) I listen to all, read a lot, and try some of it....Scent Loc materials is not something I would use, but don't mean some one else should'nt..... :D

It is like the car you drive, the cloths you wear....some like them some don't...but if you do then thats what matters.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

You obviously don't have a clue what "flaming" is.......I'd be happy to educate you, but I'm trying to cut back! :D