Who uses limb savers on Excaliburs?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Wes E.

Who uses limb savers on Excaliburs?

Post by Wes E. »

Just got my new Exocet and was thinking about installing some limb savers. What experience do you guys have with limb savers on the Excaliburs? Any pros or cons.......?
patmax

Post by patmax »

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... limb+saver

The above thread is a discussion of limb savers. If you do a search for limb saver (specify exact terms) and you will find many threads.

I hope this helps..... The short of it - they don't seem to work on a crossbow.

patmax
Beaver

Post by Beaver »

Wes E.

I have the full size limbsavers, on the side of the limb toward you, 5 inches down the string. I have the small limbsavers, designed for trad vertical bows, on both sides of the limbs as close to the limb bolts as possible. I have the full size limbsavers as low on the rail as they will go directly under the string. I have the Sims crossbow hold down spring damper installed as low on the spring as I could get it to go. I have ball tied cat whiskers on the string 7 inches out from the rail. I am still getting 260 fps with a 460 grain bolt :shock: My bow is by NO means silent. It is smoother than any crossbow or compound that I have ever shot. There is no "twang," but ther is a sort of "thunk." :?
I never was as good as I used to be.
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

waste of money with the dissipator Bars Wes. I was using limb savers probably before anyone else in SW Ohio since I was at Relo when the rep showed up in 98 or so and gave me a couple sets. I tried a set on a point blanc target bow and could find no real advantage but I have them on everyone of my main recurve limbs.
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach
Wes E.

Post by Wes E. »

Yep that's what I figured. Just wanted reassured before I wasted a set.
new paradox

Post by new paradox »

I do,but I'm fireing a Paradox,so I can use the type for a split limb.They stay on and I do think they help.I also have a stabilizer bar and I have felt disks in my string.It may slow the arrow down,but I site in and know my distance,and anything to exstend the life of my x-bow the better.