What a nice weekend!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grizzled47

What a nice weekend!

Post by grizzled47 »

We had a very nice weekend here at the homestead. First there was the great bonfire party, and then on Sunday, we bottled our first batch of wine! it is a nice Cabernet Sauvignon, and we managed 13%plus alcohol per volume!! I have been a wine only drinker for many years, and I can honestly say that this is as good as any I've tasted!
Went out for some practice today, and did very well I shot from 30 yards and was on the money with the majority of shots, only going wide when I started to tire! I get a bit carried away when I start practicing, and before I realize it, Ive shot around 100 arrows! No wonder I tire!! :roll:
I have been reading the post about the Tornado in the States, and i just hope that woody is ok! He sounds like a swell guy, and my thoughts are with him and his friends. The weather here has been a bit silly lately, with snow, heavy rain, and sunshine! Temperature has ranged from below freezing to 15% degrees in a couple of days! crazy!!
We found some fresh deer tracks in our bit of forest today! They are the first deer signs we have seen! We have had bear, Raccoon, and now deer! I'm thinking of putting some food down for the deer, but don't know what to start with. I would like to have them coming onto the property if possible, with a view to maybe bagging one next year! Maybe a feeder of some kind!?
Going to open a bottle now, so speak soon,
Grizzled.
Just bottled!! Image

Labled, and ready to go!! Image
If at first you don't succeed...try again!!
Grizzled.