Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bowhunter4334

cover scent or attractant?

Post by bowhunter4334 »

hey guys,
hope everyone is having a goooooooood season so far,
being safe and all of that.....

comment...........i hve been using vanilla extract mixed with water as a cover scent..........and ive heard that it also doubles as an attractant for deer......

does anyone have any comments on this one?

deer are coming around, but no more or no less than before

what say you oh forum of wise ones?

regards,

bowhunter4334
Humans are hunters and gatherers by nature, although most do it in grocery stores these days......Reality isn't what it used to be !
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

I've used molasses as cover scent. Especially if near one of my feeders as I mix molasses in the corn. The only problem is as a cover scent the deer are focused on where that sweet smell is coming from and that place is you, so be very cautious of movement.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

After the season has been goin for awhile ( Wise Bucks and Doe ) ANYTHING that smells like it doesnt belong sweet, sour, or Cyclone unless hes got his suit on will tip them off :roll: .. I try to not call to much or rattle ect. I just like to setup and Ambush them..I believe they tend to get wise to our means and methods the deeper in the season we get..I do like what bigUgly said about the molasses..If you have been offering it up all the time then its par..great tip BigUgly...but hell what do i know...sometimes there seems to be no rhyme or reason to this game... :wink: good luck.
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

I like what you say at the end Hoss what do we know. Man you think you have the fiqured out and numbers are up all over and hunting season comes and they disappear. Guess that's why it's called hunting not shooting.
CYCLONE

Post by CYCLONE »

SURPRISE....

Just bumping a spam post off from my little :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
If you can't Dodge It, Ram IT
bowhunter4334

Post by bowhunter4334 »

thanks guys,
for all of the tips, comments and insights......

i'm gonna remember the two about:

1-deeper the season, the less to rattle, bait, etc, just try and ambush them

2-no rhyme or reason to this game

thanks,

bowhunter4334
Humans are hunters and gatherers by nature, although most do it in grocery stores these days......Reality isn't what it used to be !