VIXEN MODIFICATIONS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Daniele

VIXEN MODIFICATIONS

Post by Daniele »

I e-mailed EXCALIBUR a couple of days ago, asking if it is possible to fit the new ( here i am not sure what it is called ) riser? or the triangular piece that holds the limbs to the guide? i might like to fit THAT new forward limb device to my old VIXEN, as of now i haven't heard back, does anyone here know if it is possible, if it is how much is that part worth?
That would make it a PHOENIX of sorts wouldn't it? Even though i have carved limbs on it.
Thanks, Daniele.
Good hunting, be safe.
bj

Post by bj »

plse let us know what their reply is....
Digger

Post by Digger »

I wanted to do 1 or 2 of my Vixens like that to make Pheonixs out of them, but was told the new risers were not being sold separately. I phoned the factory and was told this. Whether they sell them later,you could phone them for a quicker responce. Its toll free.

1-800-463-1817
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Daniele

VIXEN MODIFICATIONS

Post by Daniele »

Hi Digger,
thank you for the post; i understand EXCALIBUR's position on this, however, i am not going to be a customer with the kind of cash to get a new xbow just because there is a new model, a lot of people out there do that with ECALIBUR, SNOWMOBILES, CARS, 4WD etc.. It's cool, i just don't have that kind of coin, so since i have already 2 of teir fine bows they might sell two more parts as opposed to nothing and make some more profit that way.
A long time ago i found myself selling Real Estate in Toronto, a wise agent at the time said to me , 50% of a sale is better than 100% of NO SALE.
Weather they agree with this i don't know, but i would bet money that they could sell upgrades and still sell their PHOENIX.
Daniele.
Good hunting, be safe.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

What you can do is upgrade from your carved-tip limbs to the mag-tip limbs strung with a fast flight flemish string.... That'll give you an extra bit of power/speed...
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

There might be some Exomax owners wishing to reduce stress on their bows and trade for your riser. (Their Exomax would become an Exomag.) Also if you recall some time back, a person learned that they aren't allowed to use more than a 200lb xbow for hunting in their state/province and had to sell his Max 225lb. xbow. this may motivate others to trade risers as well.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
ranger66

Post by ranger66 »

I have an exocet and a exomax and what I did was switch risers and now have an exomag and a exocet 200, they both shoot excellent.
Digger

Post by Digger »

Two of my Vixens are mag tipped limb bows, I just wanted to try a new riser on them. Bill T said the cost would be around $100-$125 Can. if they dewcided to offer them for sale.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

At this point we are not offering the new riser as an accessory. The main problem is we really don't have any extra to sell. Not to say we may not offer the riser and limbs as an upgrade kit some day in the future but right now it is not available. Would there be much interest in this upgrade idea and if so what would you guys be willing to pay for such an upgrade?? Hope you don't mind a little market research :D !

Peter
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:At this point we are not offering the new riser as an accessory. The main problem is we really don't have any extra to sell. Not to say we may not offer the riser and limbs as an upgrade kit some day in the future but right now it is not available. Would there be much interest in this upgrade idea and if so what would you guys be willing to pay for such an upgrade?? Hope you don't mind a little market research :D !

Peter
Well Peter the fact is a set of limbs(MagTip) are around 100.00+ and I do not know what a standard riser sold for, before the tilted risers. I would like the riser only and some think it's high but I would go the same as the limbs around 100.00+ a little.

Ya know all us guy's and gal's want the best so we have to pay for the best.... :D Tell Bill T. keep it as low as possible.... :roll: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
A.W

Post by A.W »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:what would you guys be willing to pay for such an upgrade?? Hope you don't mind a little market research :D !

Peter
I think the members should get a substantial discount. After all every time somebody comes onto the forum we sell them an Excal product. :lol: :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

A.W wrote:
Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:what would you guys be willing to pay for such an upgrade?? Hope you don't mind a little market research :D !

Peter
I think the members should get a substantial discount. After all every time somebody comes onto the forum we sell them an Excal product. :lol: :wink:
OBOY.... 8) I agree fer sure....Heads up Peter.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

I think the members should get a substantial discount. After all every time somebody comes onto the forum we sell them an Excal product.
Sure Al, we'll work on that one for ya :wink:

Peter
Daniele

VIXEN MODIFICATIONS

Post by Daniele »

Well,
i am sure glad i asked this question;
thanks to all that replied and made suggestions, i appreciate all and any comments, also special thanks to Peter The EXCALIBUR DUDE.
I have one more question before i continue, can the carved limbs not be used with the forward ( NEW ) riser?
That being asked, i think i would be willing to cough up around $ 125.00 to $150.00 CDN, for the riser.
Any idea what poundage and fps i would get after modifications on my old VIXEN and EXOMAG?
Daniele.
Good hunting, be safe.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
I think the members should get a substantial discount. After all every time somebody comes onto the forum we sell them an Excal product.
Sure Al, we'll work on that one for ya :wink:

Peter
Really!!!!! :shock:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.