O/T Kids Hunter Orange-Help!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BUCKSHOT

O/T Kids Hunter Orange-Help!

Post by BUCKSHOT »

I would like to ask your opinion on this if I could!

Does anyone know if you can buy various Hunter Orange clothing for Young Hunters!

I know the gun season is nearly over, so I think for this year we are o.k. It's just that at the beginning of the season we were invited to join Grand-Pa and co. for a few days of the hunt, throughout the season!
At first I thought it would be simple to find him something comfortable and totally safe to wear, something similar to my own clothing!
I soon found out that it is very difficult to do so, in my area anyway!
I have had him use a nylon vest in the past, I just felt that it wasn't adequate and had the impression that he just didn't feel like one of the guys, in that respect!
He is very young, and he questioned why he couldn't have overalls like Grand-Pa or a jacket like Uncle Ted! Know what I mean?
I ended up purchasing some material and helping to make him a Hunter Orange pullover shirt with full sleeves and a nice fit over his jacket!
What a pain in the a$$, although it did work well, and made us both feel more comfortable, there has to be an easier way!
Any help would be appreciated! :D
Enjoy the Harvest!
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Same here BUCKSHOT. My 12 year old had to wear my old camo jacket/shell on top of his! I just used an orange vest and hat over that.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

Bass pro carries a lot of youth clothing. I got some camo coveralls for my 7 year old son. As for blaze orange I got him a small vest that ties together and one size fits all touque. Plus a cap. To make it more cozy foe him I also take an old blanket. The thing to remember is don't expect to see as much with your child out. They do get figity and tend to talk a little loud at first.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Buckshot try Walmart for vests. I picked up light outter jackets and vests that we just wear over my other clothes. This helps with warm/cold weather changes and just one hunter orange is needed. They were very cheap as well, under $10.

Hope this helps.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Tom's right. I purchased a blaze orange coat for my 9 yr old, Tyler for about $25.00 from wal - mart.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray