O/T I got Lucky Please Read this it may save you.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Wow. You are lucky! All the best to you. I wish you a full recovery!
...and thanks for the heads up!
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

jh45gun good news, thank GOD, I have had two in two years..the last one just a month ago as you know and the removed a Polyp and checked out OK.... :D All you guys out there 50 or over should have this done, as jh45gun stated it's not that bad a deal so get R done.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
nontypikll

Post by nontypikll »

Thanx jh45gun and Gary, I'll be turning 50 in January and your message made me think. Like both of you said it's no big deal. I will get the test done. Better safe than sorry.

Dan
Save our Heritage introduce a child to the outdoors.
frisky

Post by frisky »

I agree with bstout 100 percent. The laxative "flush" at home was the hard part. The hospital part was a snap. Get er done guys/gals
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

O.K........... I'm a young pup at 46, now can someone tell me what your talking about?? Is it checking for prostate cancer or what ? What is the procedure ? Ya got me worried.

Is it worse than getting the BIG V. ?

Getting a needle in one of your nuts (testicles) is no laughing matter.

P.M. me if your uncomfortable on the forum.

Grey Owl
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

GREY OWL wrote:O.K........... I'm a young pup at 46, now can someone tell me what your talking about?? Is it checking for prostate cancer or what ? What is the procedure ? Ya got me worried.

Is it worse than getting the BIG V. ?

Getting a needle in one of your nuts (testicles) is no laughing matter.

P.M. me if your uncomfortable on the forum.

Grey Owl
Colonoscopy it's checking your poop shoot up yer butt :oops: ( for Polyp's (growth's) that could turn into cancer.... :!:) Should get it done at 50 years of age or sooner if you think you may have a problem such as (bood in your stool) then every one or two years after the first one. Some Doctors recommend every three years.... :twisted: Hope this helped.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

HEHEHE, we talk on just about everything here don't we.

In all seriousness, alot of men are just to proud or embarassed to let a doctor inspect his prostate or whatever. My doctor started checking up there when I turned 40.

I read in a book, that if all men lived long enough, we'd all have prostate cancer, soon or later. Its a very curable disease, if caught in time.

Grey Owl
bowhunter4334

Post by bowhunter4334 »

hey guys,

it is true! we do talk about everything on here.

i just did a cut and paste and saved this whole conversation in my Outlook Tasks with a reminder in December 2007, about 10 months before i turn 50

I just want to remember who to thank for the heads up....LOL

was that a pun? ouch!

Anyhow, discomfort or not, can't be too careful; i'll be damned if i have to turn in my hunting licence early.

take care of youz

bowhunter
Humans are hunters and gatherers by nature, although most do it in grocery stores these days......Reality isn't what it used to be !