E-Mag Stops 8-pointer! New Pic!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

korey99

E-Mag Stops 8-pointer! New Pic!

Post by korey99 »

Well, it happened once more for this lucky guy! After firing at a nice 8 pointer from 15 yards on Tuesday night and not touching him (thank goodness!), I played the game right, didn't get discouraged, and went back out Wednesday evening and was lucky enough to have this fellow run 15 yards in front of me and stop. I didn't make the same mistake twice! These are just some quick snap-shots, as I just got him home and strung up. I got some action shots on the disposable camera, but this will have to suffice for now!

My Dad was with me this time, and it was our last evening hunting before he was leaving to go back home. He was sitting only 75 yards from me, both of us up in tree stands. I was along the edge of a soy bean field, looking into the bush along a creek. He was on the other side of the creek, facing me. He could see this guy working along the edge of the field towards my stand, but it was behind me! I didn't even know he was there! Then the buck decided to jump from the field into the bush RIGHT beside my stand! I am only 12 feet up, and he was RIGHT beside me, 5 yards from the tree I was in. His jump and trot into the bush in front of me almost had me jump out of my treestand, I was so surprised! I raised the E-Mag, let out a "bah", and he stopped immediately. I let it fly, and took him a bit forward and high, and broke his back, dropping him his tracks. Good thing, as it was 15 minutes prior to dark and I prefer gutting a deer with some natural light!

Another great hunt, with memories to last a lifetime. Now there is only one more doe tag to fill...and lots of time left to do it. Gotta love deer hunting!

korey99

NEW PIC'S!

Last edited by korey99 on Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Congrats!!! Fine looking deer. :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

Sweet !

As for the shot placement, was it from a treestand with entry and exit on the same side?
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
korey99

Post by korey99 »

No. Good eye though! That was the finishing shot. He was scrambling to get up with a busted back, so I had to get another one into him fairly fast.

korey99
huntman

Post by huntman »

great buck congrats!!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Nice buck , Congrat's !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Nice Buck. Congratulations!!!!!!!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Congrat's....Good dia. on them antlers.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Adam

Post by Adam »

where abouts in london are you from. i took my first 2 x-bow deer this year with my exomag, and im in Oakridge.
korey99

Post by korey99 »

Adam: You're not hunting the Sifton Bog, are you?!?! :lol:

I live in Byron. Shot the deer in Melrose.... I could have used another set of hands to help me get this brute out of the bush. Where are you hunting?

korey99
Adam

Post by Adam »

hahah no i live super close to the bog the other night 4 deer were on my front lawn and 2 slipped on my driveway and went down hard. from the pic you setup it looks like the forest in behind your house is the the ski hill. i hunt where ever i can but i am mainly hunting delware.
diesel

Post by diesel »

Congrats on a nice buck.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

nice job korey...... :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

nice job once again korey...... :D

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations!!!!!!!
wabi