Farm Machinery and Deer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OneShot

Farm Machinery and Deer

Post by OneShot »

Tonite an odd thing happened.

All week I patterned the deer at the farm we hunt.

They seem to be coming out of a marsh on two runways , roughly 100 feet apart.

The neighbors were taking in a carrot crop, machinery going most the day.

At almost the exact time as all week long; the deer, 6 in all came out into the cornfield roughly 100 yards from where they were working.

They stayed just out of reach from my exomag and only 50 yards, noses to the ground grazzing on the remainder of the no-til corn crop.

Is this normal?

Or do you think they knew I was waiting patiently for them.

The wind was in my favour and to thier disadvantage.

There is a 10 point which continues to burn me!

Help!

Oneshot.............
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

sometimes there just doesnt seem to be no rhyme or reason to our chase Oneshot....just when i think i have them cornered they do somethin different for sure.....hang in there keep workin hard be smart and dont get to anxious..it will play out for ya..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've seen deer ignore machinery almost completely. Last year I even had one come in to my feeder about 20 yards from a target we were shooting at with our muzzleloaders from 100 yards away while we were shooting!!!
I've seen them come in to the food plot immediately after I was there with the tractor, like they were checking for any changes to the menu :lol:
wabi
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

i've spent many hours in the cab of a combine and have gotten within 20 yards of large bucks. The cool thing is in Ohio it is legal to shoot from farm macheinery, i never did though.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot