scoobygoodboy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gatorbait26

scoobygoodboy

Post by gatorbait26 »

i was looking on the ebay and saw that this guy was selling crossbows at a pretty good price and i was wondering if this guy is for real or is he running some kind of scam...thanks
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Not sure gator. Maybe someone else can shed some light.

Grey Owl
franklinm

Post by franklinm »

Remember the old saying if it look`s to good to be true it probably is .
decee

Post by decee »

He's legit but I had a run in with him.

There is no way he can possibly service you when he has over 700 items for sale at any given time
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

I purchased a bow from him.....his packaging leaves a lot to be desired, but the bow was exactly as advertised.........some of the other forum members have also bought from him......
speedball

Post by speedball »

your better off buying one from a pro shop or a reputable dealer that deals with excalibur his customer satisfaction leaves much to be desired, just my 2 cents .. :roll: speedball................. :D
gone huntin never to return................
buyme

scoobygoodboy

Post by buyme »

Yeah, I came to that same conclusion after reading about his seedy practices at http://members.cox.net/scoobygoodboysucks/
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

Hey Buyme, Very interesting website link you have there. He's got a lot of Negative and Netural feedback. I would not buy anything from him.
eBay wrote: Image Not an honest seller. Poor communicator. Difficult to contact - answers vague
Buyer mddelang ( 0 ) Dec-23-05 04:11 8731087709
Reply by scoobygoodboy: Wanted for Chitsmas,didnt give time!!Ref#(ID #9KY11857L6349733D)Sq Trade will ha Dec-23-05 11:20
Follow-up by mddelang: Paid on Dec 3rd. Didn't ship.On 12-14 said would ship 23. on 12-20 said 12-28/29 Dec-26-05 05:37

Image never replied. never received package. waiting for refund!!!
Buyer ellzeylp ( -1 ) Dec-22-05 23:26 6581957006
Reply by scoobygoodboy: EbAY NEWBIE!refunded Long ago!I sent 3 emails No reply!REFUND#1CF630292B562205U Dec-23-05 11:17

Image BAD BAD SELLER!! Emailed 4 times with no reponse NEVER received item RIP OFF!
Buyer sharkk71 ( 29) Dec-22-05 17:49 6584039521
Reply by scoobygoodboy: GAVE ME BAD address I had to reship at my cost!will receive in 2 days!Sq Trade h

ImageNo Communication to clear up issues. Poor E-Bayer!!!!!!!!!!
Buyer leo8974 ( 7 ) Dec-24-05 08:10 7728618337
Reply by scoobygoodboy: iI sent 3 emails that came back as Spam!Item received in5 days!Sq Trade will han Dec-24-05 21:01

ImageBUYER BEWARE Item NEVER SHIPPEDwhile seller continued to list same item on e-bay
Buyer toufie ( 15) Dec-24-05 05:01 7366727789
Reply by scoobygoodboy: I refunded same day UPS reported lost!!Refund (ID #0LE461524N977081F)SQ Trade w Dec-24-05 21:00

ImageExtreme shipping charges added after sale, no explanation offered when asked.
Buyer brunopatrick ( 3 ) Dec-23-05 21:39 8733609461
Reply by scoobygoodboy: $14.00 shipping charge clearly stated on auction! UNFAIR ! SQ Trade will handle! Dec-24-05 20:59
Follow-up by brunopatrick: Seller told me shipping to Hawaii would be almost $60, not the $14 stated above!
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

Read this entire thread I started over a year ago-notice the CRAP I got from a couple of people who claimed I was lying etc. I bought a bow from this guy (gave it to Darrell Pace's son as a Christmas gift-IE I made no money off of it).

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... highlight=

he claims he buys excess stock from dealers. I had no problems with the transaction
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Let's be honest Jim.....the CRAP you got came after YOU started it.......that whole thread started because you were upset that scooby-what's-his-face was undercutting your prices........then you started professing how you weren't in the business to make money......and blah, blah, blah........if that were true, then why would you care if he sold for less than you could buy???? I said it then, and I'll say it now......that discussion is a business matter between you and Excalibur and does not belong on the board............
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

GonHuntin wrote:Let's be honest Jim.....the CRAP you got came after YOU started it.......that whole thread started because you were upset that scooby-what's-his-face was undercutting your prices........then you started professing how you weren't in the business to make money......and blah, blah, blah........if that were true, then why would you care if he sold for less than you could buy???? I said it then, and I'll say it now......that discussion is a business matter between you and Excalibur and does not belong on the board............
what is that humpin my leg? A year old leghump? sheeeesh what a loser

did I mention your name? no? so stuff it gonHumpin :roll: :roll: As MOST noted, I asked an honest question and it was a couple cretins who started turning it into something else-you being one of them. I never mentioned you in this thread so how about keeping it in your pants and chillin out
TNC and ACF Member
gunner

Post by gunner »

Since you are a dealer that makes you a representative of excalibur. I'm sure the company would not be impressed with your attitude towards people whether you are right or wrong! Since you are a dealer that means you are supposed to have certain people skills when dealing with the public. There are other ways you could have handled this by ignoring him or pming him instead of mudslinging back and forth. When future customers read this do you think you will be the dealer they will want to buy from!

gunner
Digger

Post by Digger »

I don't believe Jim is a dealer, tho his wife owned a shop in Onio.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

gunner wrote:Since you are a dealer that makes you a representative of excalibur. I'm sure the company would not be impressed with your attitude towards people whether you are right or wrong! Since you are a dealer that means you are supposed to have certain people skills when dealing with the public. There are other ways you could have handled this by ignoring him or pming him instead of mudslinging back and forth. When future customers read this do you think you will be the dealer they will want to buy from!

gunner
I am not in the archery business. I am a coach and a competitior-gonehumpin went negative a year ago and then started it up again. He is a jerk. You ought to learn about things before posting stuff that obviously demonstrates your ignorance

I merely referenced the old post to try to edify the poster that this scoobygoodboy was the topic of a major converstation a year ago. I think I was perfectly within my right as the husband and financial backer of a shop owner (and as someone who has promoted excaliburs without any contract or financial consideration for several years before that shop opened,) to ask how a guy could constantly offer for sale bows below what legitimate dealers could buy them for and other LEGITIMATE DEALERS who post on this board supported my postion either on that thread or through PM;s It was not ME who made it into a pissing contest but a few people who seem to have a "hard on" for pro shops who started whining as at least a couple posters accurately noted.
TNC and ACF Member
gunner

Post by gunner »

Jim C wrote : ("who is this seller thread")
MY wholesale cost is in the states. the current vixen he has up now is cheaper than what US Retail dealers can buy them for from Papes/LAS or even Dan.
I am not in the archery business to make money (I am a lawyer by trade) but this sort of stuff is one of the reasons why three pro shops in my area have closed in the last year and if ranges close archery will decline.

This is one of your comments from the "who is this seller" thread and another one of your comments states you having contracts with companies, I read this thread and numerous times you mention "YOUR" shop, YOUR contracts, this is what lead me to believe that you were a dealer. I could actually care one way or the other. I was simply stating that as a professional ( dealer, lawyer etc.) when dealing with the public there is a certain professional manner which you are to have. It is called courtesy and decency which obviously in your remarks to others you DO NOT have. In what part of my post was i being ignorant I am obviously not the only member on this forum who took you for a dealer, maybe you yourself should read your own comments and cure your own ignorance!

gunner