Reply from the Minister!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grizzled47

Post by grizzled47 »

Hi Guys,
I wrote to the Minister himself some time ago voicing my dismay at the attitude towards crossbow hunting in NB. I sent him a copy of an excellent article from some web-site, about crossbow hunting, and the prejudice against it shown by certain provinces and states, particularly NB. I also gave my oppinions about the sport, and tried my best to convince him that crossbow hunting was a very good way to hunt, and that I felt it was the conventional bow hunters who were influencing the authorities! I didn't expect any response, and months have past since I wrote to him. Then today, I got a reply!! I won't hold my breath about there being any change of heart by the NR authorities down here, but at least the minister is looking into it! Fancy that eh? Me, an Englishman new to the country, getting a minister to look into one of the province's hunting laws!!!
Well, you never know!! This was the mail I received today!
Grizzled.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your correspondence on cross bow hunting in relation to the New Brunswick Fish and Wildlife Act.

I have provided Natural Resources Officials with copies of documents from the web site you referenced and I have asked them to explore the issue. I will respond to your request once I am provided with the necessary information.

Sincerely,

KEITH ASHFIELD
Minister
If at first you don't succeed...try again!!
Grizzled.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Here in Sask. its not the minister you have to convince, its the vertical bowhunters, who have a influence on the Wildlife Dept. That's what I'm told by the local Game Wardens.

Run for president of the vertical bowhunters, then bring it up at one of the meeting. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grey Owl
A.W

Post by A.W »

Good for you Grizzled. You didn't by chance sign it....Guy Fawkes did you? :lol:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
decee

Post by decee »

Why don't you write a letter to Martin as well.

Right now he will promise you absolutely anything
Tom

Post by Tom »

grizzled47 sorry I did not know you were sending a leter into the minister in change before you did. I am very surprised that many prov. in Canada still not allow crossbows concidering that in doing so limits disabled, elderly, and the physically limited people from hunting with archery equipment.

Under the CHRA (Canadian Human rights Act), it is illigal to not give the ability to a person with a disability, the ability to do the same as someone without a disability, even if it is by using a specific device to enable that opertunity for the disabled. Even if they give the disabled the right to hunt with a crossbow, this also could be concidered discrimination because again under the CHRA you can not Give differential treatment of an individual or a group of individuals .

I am very surprised that someone has not files a complaint yet.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
grizzled47

Post by grizzled47 »

Hi Tom!
You make many good and valid points, and I think I will write again to the minister, and put those points to him. I don't think I will get very far with my protests, but at least I have tried eh?
Grizzled
Grizzled.
grizzled47

Post by grizzled47 »

Hi Grey Owl!
You are right about the influence of the v-bow hunters on the wild-life authorities, and i pointed that out to the minister. I just hope he has the b...s to make a decision, and not be swayed by outside forces. All the evidence is there...it just takes strong leadership!!! Fingers crossed...I'll keep you posted!
Grizzled.
Grizzled.
TYE

Post by TYE »

decee wrote:Why don't you write a letter to Martin as well.

Right now he will promise you absolutely anything
:lol: :lol:
grizzled47

Post by grizzled47 »

Hi Again,
Yes you guys are right, Martin will promise anything at the moment! :) But what he promises, and what he delivers......well, they are a million miles apart yeah??? :?:
Grizzled
Grizzled.