Kentucky OKs the Crossbow for next Year..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Kentucky OKs the Crossbow for next Year..

Post by Woody Williams »

FULL EXPANSION begining in September next year in Kentucky ..!!!!!! By a unanimous vote of the commissioners..

No going back this time..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
PRB

Post by PRB »

Excellent !!! 8) :D 8) :D 8)
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
speedball

Post by speedball »

WOW, thats great!! its a win,win, deal for everybody-including x-bow manufacturers!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
gone huntin never to return................
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Big congrats!!!

May the rest of the other states follow.
150 lb Wolverine
165 lb Exocet
175 lb Phoenix
Biker

Post by Biker »

Never knew Kentucky didnt allow crossbows. Hummmm. Guess I was lucky. Perhaps West Virginia will follow Kentucky with that law, but then again, the state could not make any bucks off the fines. Strikes me as strange how a state will allow target practice with a weapon, yet claim the same weapon illegal to hunt with.
JDMiller

Post by JDMiller »

bstout wrote:I forgot to comment on how much I've enjoyed reading the Kentucky Afield magazine. I'm not sure If I'll renew or not but it has been fun (and educational) well worth the ten dollars.

Thanks to all the Excalibur forum members who joined in with the Kentucky crossbow club when they were asked to do so. Looks like it paid off.

Thank you Woody for spear-heading the project.

My hat goes off to you sir! :D

Guys.....been awhile since I posted on here but I wanted to let everyone know how much the United Crossbow Hunters of Kentucky(UCBK) appreciated your support. When Woody asked for asistance...y'all steped up to the plate and gave us enough membership to be recconized as a legitimate club and have the voice needed to push for expansion . It also gave us membership into the LKS(League of Kentucky Sportsman) which gave us voting rights at the state meetings of this organization.

I've been appointed UCBK president going into the newly established season and have high hopes for expanding our membership. We have been basically on hold ...pending the approval of the expanded season. For those that wish to renew their membership ....I'll be posting some info at a later date. The subscription cost of the magazine was increased to $10.00 at the commission meeting...so we will have to see what we can get worked out on dues... but it will have to be increased a little to keep the same perks of membership. Again...I'll post this info later.

As of right now....all thats left is a approval by the LRC..Legislative Review Committee ...and it should not be a issue. The independent survey that was performed by Cornell University and support from various groups and the UCBK....gave the necessary support needed to get this passed without one vote opposing. All 9 commissioners voted yes. Hopefully the ball will keep rolling to other states and provide hunters with another weapon choice for archery season.

Again....a sincere thanks for your support and the UCBK holds great gratitude for your asistance. I dont believe we would have done it without the necessary support and a added voice. :D :D :D
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Thanks JD..

Since in most areas crossbowers are in a big minority we ALL need to help one another out.

You will find no better bunch of guys and gals that right here on the Excalbur forum. They stepped up big time.

You can most assuredly count on my membership and any help I can give in 2006.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]