O/T - Cabin Fever, Winter Blues, Hobbies, Pastimes...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Tail Drop,
I want what you have, I just don't want to put the time it to get it! LOL
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
Tail Drop

Post by Tail Drop »

Well Butcher I think I served my time working for Dupont for 35 yrs. but I'm enjoying retirement now,so it was worth it all those years of shiftwork :)
Slow Down From Lifes Hectic Shrill, Good Things Await Those Who Pause To Be Still
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

dsr wrote:I'm glad that you posted your original question.It has me thinking that life is good and I have many interests which I can pursue.
Yes you do! Enjoy it!
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

The Butcher wrote:I catch some monster 10# plus walleyes, out of the Ohio river in Jan and Feb. Not many, but enough to keep me coming back.
You bank fish for those? Or go out on a boat?
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Tail Drop wrote:god I love retirement. :D
I'm jealous :D

Only 20 more years and I'll be there too!

Oh how the days just FLY by when I think of it that way :roll:
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Bank fish Zeke,
Very slow presentation, usually a jig tipped with a minnow, and the water has to be just right. I watch and see which locks they have open, and what the drift is like (I live 3 miles from a major lock), then I know where to fish. I have been fishing the Ohio, for the last 30 years, and still learning. Lots of snags, so making my own jigs, is the only way. I'll bet I've lost thousands of jigs over the years, and that's not being funny. I cast about 500 jigs at a time, and they last me about 2-3 years. The bite is soft, and a good rod and reel combo is a must. I have not ice fished in 20 years, but we've got some good snow on, and it's been very cold for a few weeks, so I may break out the parka and muckalucks or how ever you spell that. Butcher
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain