ground blind

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Don Katsumi

ground blind

Post by Don Katsumi »

Hello guys. I am thinking about buying a carbon impregnated ground blind. Any one have any success using one of these?
Biker

Post by Biker »

Why increase the price of your hunt???? Just park your truck where ya think the game will be. If your hunting Bear, then you might like a blind, but other wildlife dont give a hoot if your in a truck or blind. Deer, Moose, and Elk basically dont mind. Bear, Turkey, and fox are most critical of anything that is different. Anyone can hunt----it takes a hunter to bring meat to the table. I wish you luck.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Hi Don, I have hunted in ground blind, I haven't seen deer from the blind but I know they have come close enough that I can hear them grunt a me.
Mine is a corbon lined one. I don't know If the corbon works or not. I read a artical that said the carbon is like a spong, once filled with sent it starts to omit it, if true at lest it will slow it down, mabe. I havent hunted for long,
alwas learning. I like may treestand, betterview but alot of work to hang every time, but lighter to carry than my blind.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Biker wanna be wrote: Anyone can hunt----it takes a hunter to bring meat to the table.
That aint you....

Yea they say you’re an Anti trying to get a rise outa us..could be.You got one from me.But just incase you are as ignorant and worthless as you sound and you are shootin deer from a jeep well this will apply..

Anyone can shoot ( from a parked jeep ) and kill and put meat on the table...dipshit that’s shootin not huntin!
Hell dynamite will get that done and put meat on the table for everyone!

Hunting is done by those who are self regulated respectable people who choose to apply far chase and ethics while they are alone in the woods.

Your weak ass attempt to rationalize your self damming ways are doing nothing but tainting a respectable forum. If you are not an Anti you need to rethink everything you know about hunters and hunting. If you are a Anti....your efforts are in vain.....People who know hunters know you are not one..but as they say there is always 10% !
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

I have taken deer and turkey from my Double Bull blind. I don't see the advantage in the carbon blinds. You're supposed to re-activate the carbon materials in a clothes dryer. You can't do that with the blind. I've tried the cheaper blinds and I do not feel the material and the camo pattern is in the same class as the DB blinds - for deer that is. Turkeys you could probably hunt out of a green cardboard box. I have set mine up brushed them in a little to break up the roof line and shot deer the same day. Set up properly they work.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

BigBird, I also read the the temp. in the dry is no way near cloese enough to reactivate the carbon either.
Don Katsumi

RE;hunting from the truck

Post by Don Katsumi »

Biker, every where I have hunted in the US and Canada it is considered unsportsman like & illegal (criminal code as well as hunting laws).
I understand that a mans got to do what a mans got to do but that man shouldn't tell everyone or be proud of everything he does either. Please do not give anti's more ammo to kill us.
Just one man's opinion here
Don
jay73

Re: RE;hunting from the truck

Post by jay73 »

Don Katsumi wrote: Just one man's opinion here
Don
I'm pretty sure you don't stand alone with that statement Don.

I'll second that!!

Oh Bill/Peter, I think someone needs a booting. :lol:

Jay