Deer with a death wish..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Deer with a death wish..

Post by Woody Williams »

Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
ch312

Post by ch312 »

lol more like smart deer! i dont know of any ranges that would allow someone to shoot that deer and i think the deer knows it :wink: :lol:
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

A friend and I were finishing the 28th target of a 30 target 3d shoot ( we were the last squad out ) when I spotted one of the targets moving. A nice fat doe decided to walk up to the deer targets and have a bite to eat. All that was missing was the blind fold and cigarette. This kind of thing never happens to me during hunting season. She did not have a care in the world.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Farmer wrote: A nice fat doe decided to walk up to the deer targets ld.
Probably looked at you then figured the safest spot was in front of the target. :lol:

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Tom

Post by Tom »

A.W wrote:
Farmer wrote: A nice fat doe decided to walk up to the deer targets ld.
Probably looked at you then figured the safest spot was in front of the target. :lol:

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :wink:
AW i did not know that you looked like Farmer. How would the deer mistake you for farmer.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

Farmer, the same thing happened to me and a friend. We were shooting the course when my friend noticed some movement to the right of the target we were getting ready to shoot. (3d target was of a deer bedded down) All of a sudden there was lots of commotion for it was a bear and it attacked the target of the deer. My friend and I just watched as the bear plowed on top of it and bit at the neck. It was something to watch, it is unbelievable how fast a bear is. It must not have liked the taste because it was all over in about 30 seconds. The bear just looked around as if it was embarrassed, then it walked away. We told the guys at the club house what we saw and they told us that the bear has been attacking the targets for past couple of days. They could not take a chance with the bear so they ended up putting it down.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

If I recall, the way I was shooting that probably was the safest place to be :!: :lol: .

You have to admit that sometimes it is hard to believe what you will see on a 3d course.
Doug the Slug

Post by Doug the Slug »

If it were an open season, and Woody was hungry, I wouldn't want to be that doe in front of him at any target range! :D :D :wink: :wink:

Doug
wabi

Post by wabi »

A couple of years ago we were checking the muzzleloaders for accuracy at 200 yards. The target ended up about 15 yards to the left of the deer feeder. We fired a few shots then walked out to change targets and there was a doe actually eating corn at the feeder!!!!!! From the shooting bench the feeder was behind a tree and we couldn't see her until we were almost at the target. She calmly looked up at us, then walked off slowly.
So much for the belief that gunfire scares them. :lol:
wabi