bowsite bullys!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

speedball

bowsite bullys!!!

Post by speedball »

i was under the asumption that other forums would be receptive when you said the word "crossbow", but boy was i wrong!!! i started two posts at bowsite.com and they were deleted simply cause i used the dirty word!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Man am i pi##sed @##!! those guys and others like it think they control the world, has anyone had similar experiences anywhere else??speedball............. :?:
gone huntin never to return................
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

thats why I only visit this site ,, the other sites, well I can't even be bothered anymore,,, :roll: I'm sick of the all mighty "bow hunter" they need to get their heads out of their asses........... :evil:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

Bowesite :?:

We have a couple of members who use to spend some time over there, a couple of years ago :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

Bowsite is the official mouthpiece of one of the most dishonest groups you will ever run into concerning xbows-the PBS (the name itself is a ever widening lie). Bowsite is a perfect example that anti xbow morons cannot stand open debate since being against xbows is a FEELING, not a rational thought.

the sooner the PBS ceases to exist the better for all hunters
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Leo in Ga wrote:Bowesite :?:

We have a couple of members who use to spend some time over there, a couple of years ago :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wonder who that could be? ;)

Gosh, I miss the Bowsite Great Crossbow Debates.. LOL..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

Woody Williams wrote:
Leo in Ga wrote:Bowesite :?:

I wonder who that could be? ;)

debates? that's like calling the Battle of Wounded Knee a battle. BTW we weren't the "Indians" :D :D
TNC and ACF Member
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

If I remember correctly , Woody and Jim C. ( amongst others ) come just short of carpel tunnel in those debates ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

R.J. wrote:
If I remember correctly , Woody and Jim C. ( amongst others ) come just short of carpel tunnel in those debates ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
two rangers, lots of riots :lol:
TNC and ACF Member

Post by Guest »

yea,those boys don t see us in high esteem......They balk at exbow hunters like we are the plague......Whats their ploblem anyway.....
Sincerly Big foot....
speedball

Post by speedball »

Sorry guys for doing a stupid thing i will never go on that site again, i'm so impressed at the honor everyone has here and the dirty word is as clean as a whistle here, the PBS can kiss my grits, hey i like it where 99.9% of people have an open mind about archery as a whole, i like to shoot both weapons and i like all other kinds of hunting weather it be with a gun or a wrist rocket or a fine crossbow, thanx Bill T for having me here for i am proud to be a member of such a fine establishment!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D speedball..............
gone huntin never to return................
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

They let a few go on the state sites area but for the most part they don't like xbows. I guess in their simple little minds if it's deleted it will make it go away. The same few outspoken anti xbow people also scan the net looking for any forum to spew their hate. Pretty sad.
Buckstopper

Post by Buckstopper »

I don't know I still enjoy being a pest over there! :D
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Buckstopper wrote:I don't know I still enjoy being a pest over there! :D
Me too... :lol:

I still join in on a few state levels. Post about crossbows on the main page and it is gone pretty quick.

The first Great Crossbow Debate on there started when Pat L (owner of Bowsite) posted up an arcticle called "Here come the crossbows". Except ofr a politician's speech I have never seen so many lies in a few words.

We pounced on his article tooth and nail. He let it the "debate" go awhile as they had us outnumbered at least 20 to 1. Fair odds, eh Jim?

When we started cleaning house he put a stop to it. He deleted OUR posts and left up the anti-crossbower's posts. Then he just started deleting the whole threads. We would start another one. Then he started making it hard for us to log in. Everytime we went in, we had to re-register. After awhile he just banned us.

That is OK as our times are coming at a more rapid rate and someday that minority of self appointed elitists will be even less of a minority.
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
DJ test

Post by DJ test »

Hey GUYS- I actually won a debate with one of their members. He was complaining about our accuracy and shooting ability.
I asked him if it wasn't our responsibility as hunters to use the best method available to make clean kills and he backed off.
I made a few posts after but they soon were deleted.
The biggest thing they are afraid of is that most of us(not me yet) make cleaner kills and they might become targets(already are of the antis.)
They also feel that we will infringe on their hunting areas. Aren't we all HUNTERS????
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

We've turned a few to our cause.

Two big time antis on Archery Talk ended up as crossbow advocates.

One is a regular and well respected poster here now.

I applaud him for his open mindness. Of course he now catches hades for seein the light.
Woody Williams