Blood by Phoenix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

The Butcher

Blood by Phoenix

Post by The Butcher »

Well,
I drew blood with the Phoenix at 12 yds this evening. Enough blood infact, that the deer only went 50 yds, and was dead before she knew what caused the noise. My 2nd Excalibur deer this year, and a 100 grain Muzzy did the trick. It was about a 130 pound doe (big for the area I live in). Hit her a little far back, but took the back of one lung, and liver on the opposite side. My first late season deer after killing 83 whitetails over the years. Butcher
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Congrat's ..... another one bites the dust !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations!!!!
We've got a late MZ season going on this week, but warm weather and rain kind of dampens the fun. Still have all of January for archery, though.
wabi
A.W

Post by A.W »

Congrats!!! :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Thanks guys,
Wabi, our late Muzzleloader season is going on also, I just choose to use the Xbow. It always goes off, and the shots are up close and personal. I do hate the fact, that since I ground hunt about 90% of the time, I just hate loosing the bolts. I looked for four hours today, and with the snow and the way arrows have a way of sliding under the leaves, I have lost two bolts this season, and with the price of the bolt and broadhead, it can get expensive. Not to mention the fact that if the farmer finds one with his tire, could be bad news. Treestand hunting eliminates most losses, but ain't nearly as fun in my books. Any tips on finding them other than a metal detector? I'm thinking about the archers flame nocks. Any one use them? Butcher
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Congratulations Butcher!!!!!!
Buckstopper

Post by Buckstopper »

With the two deer I shot last week I just followed the extra blood trail left by the bolt passing through the deer to my bolt berried in the snow. :)
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Buckstopper,
The deer and I were both on top of a little rise, and after the shot, the bolt flew down over the hill towards the creek. We have a warm spell, and the snow is spotty. I looked my a$$ off this morning, and no luck. It is still warm, so maybe tomorrow, I go look again. I just want the area to cool down a bit, and not disturb the deer movement. I may just wait even a couple of more days, and hunt other stands. Butcher