Trigger Freezing!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Buckstopper

Trigger Freezing!

Post by Buckstopper »

I do not hunt very often with my crossbow but was out last night and had a nice doe walk in to 23 yards. I tried to release the safety and it was very stiff. Then when I tried to pull the trigger it would not fire. It finally did but I shot under the doe - doeh! and the crossbow was very loud.

After the shot the trigger stayed against the back of the trigger guard and I could not recock the crossbow.

Several hours later inside at home everything seemed fine and the crossbow worked properly.

What happened?

I had been out chrismas day with my grandson in the rain and the crossbow an exocet stayed out in the truck for two days until last night.

PS I did shoot a nice doe and button buck last week with the same bow.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Sounds like some rain or snow got into your trigger mechanism and after you brought it inside from the truck it thawed.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
peter p

Post by peter p »

The trigger assembly probably froze.
You should spray WD40 in the trigger assembly once in a while especially if out in the rain or snow.
Grizzly-Papa

Post by Grizzly-Papa »

The exact same thing happened to me on the 18th of this month. I laid down my exomag in fluffy snow in order to tie a rope to it and my duffel bag to hoist both of them up into my tree stand. I recall having to wipe snow off of the Varizone scope lenses once I was settled in otherwise there was a bit of snow here and there on the crossbow but nothing much. It was already cocked though prior to getting to the stand.

A little while later, I took a shot at a doe but a bad ol' tree got in the way of bringing her home. :roll:

I tried re-cocking the bow but the string just would not latch. I must have tried 25 times and fiddled with the trigger mechanism with my multiplier tool all the while Mr. Big Horn Buck who was last to come out stopped to watch the show. He was standing at 40 yards broadside looking at me. This went on for about 10 minutes. Finally, the string latched and I took a shot at Bucky but was so exhausted by then that I shot right over his back. I actually saw him crouch to the ground as the bolt went right over him. He just casually kept on going at a slow walk while snickering at this hunter I'm sure. :oops:

What I did notice on the Exomag after I had calmed down a bit was that the safety lever only had half the up and down travel that it normally has.

Of course, when I got indoors and it unthawed everything went right back to normal.

Moral of the story is protect your trigger group from moisture when hunting in sub zero celsius weather.......

Or is this only an Ottawa phenomena .......................... :roll:

Grizzly-Papa
Life is too short to spend it indoors!
Buckstopper

Post by Buckstopper »

"Or is this only an Ottawa phenomena .......................... "

That's it they think we are responsible for them dang Lieberals!

Good thing I did not mess up a chance at the big buck we are after or I might have seen if my Exocet could fly. hehe
Tom

Post by Tom »

Big Mouth your lies on this site sould get you into serious trouble in courts. LIBLE suits can cost you alot of money. I know that I would seriously be considering this action for your blanant lies.

Too bad your COPY of a bow will have trouble making it to the market once the courts make a ruling on it.

Your actions on this site brings into question that ability of this bow your promoting and how the company will stand behind it. You are not a stand-up person, so therefore I believe that your bow or bow company will also be not a standup company.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Tom

Post by Tom »

the great thing about the internet BIG MOUTH is that where ever you travel on it, you leave foot prints that can be traced back to you :lol: .

Your ISP will identify who you are no matter what, so you are not really hiding are you :lol: .

you have and are still promoting that bow with your comments. Your behaviour not only tarnishes this bow before it comes to the market, but it actually puts the bows abilities into question.

Your actions are worse than childish. Does that help with the bow you are promoting. I think NOT
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Correct me if I'm wrong anybody, but maybe you can educate me and BIG MOUTH. Didn't bj, whose a member on this forum win the World Championship 3D with a Excalibur Xbow? If I remember reading many months ago, Excalibur dominated the Worlds with the most wins.

This says alot about the product.

Grey Owl
Buckstopper

Post by Buckstopper »

Big Mouth by the tenure of your posts I will not be looking for any advise from you.

Please do not reply to my posts.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

bttp
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
htoler

Post by htoler »

who are we calling bigmouth and what is this copycat bow he is promoting??
ExCalibur ExoCet 200
Tenpoint ProElite