ATV Question...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kuffs

ATV Question...

Post by Kuffs »

Hi guys, I was asking about the Yamaha 350 a few weeks ago. I've also been looking at the Kodiak 450 and comparing it to the bombardier 400 H.O. Do any of you guys have either of these machines and have any input...Known problems anything like that. I know the Yamaha's are great but I'm more curious about what you guys think of the Bombardier...

Thanks
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Excal Micro 335
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D :D They are some great machines, I am getting the new 650 come spring and giving my rancher to the wife, check out there site ,
http://www.bombardier-atv.com/en-US/Veh ... ander.650/
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
r440

Post by r440 »

I have a 660 grizz and really like it but the wifes 450 kodiak just has a better feel to it and if it had a winch on it it would be alot better for plowing snow due to its smaller size,so I would suggest a mid size framed quad depending on what you wanna do,I have had no problems with the kodiak the grizz is an 02 and I have busted 2 front axles on it now but then I really due put it through alot
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

The only problem I heard that the 450 Kodiak has is the squealing of the brakes. There supposed to be a good solid quad. There was a promotion on them, free 2500 lb. Warn winch, with a snow plow. If your plowing sidewalks, don't get the 5 foot blade, get the 4 footer. I just talked to my neighbour 2 days ago, and he does 2 blocks around him plus the street. He said the 4 foot wide blade fits better on most sidewalks.

Personally the only Quad I'd ever buy now is the 500cc Honda Rubicon (Canadian Trail Editioin). This is the only Quad ever designed right here in Canada under the cold conditions. The shocks are all adjustable for a better ride, this bike also has a built in GPS. I took one for a spin a couple days ago, simply awesome, with no vibration like my 400 4X4 Praire. Their $1200- $1400 more but well worth it. No belts to slip, also alot more quieter because there's no variable speed clutch howling in your ear. There fully automatic fluid drive, plus you can shift manually (electric) for the real constant low end power.

I'd better quit talking, I'm getting all excited.

Good luck Kuffs, let us know what you bought.

Grey Owl
Blur

Post by Blur »

I have a 03 Bombardier Quest650 and love it.My wife has an 05 Bombardier Rally. It is only a 200cc two wheel drive but works great.
I have plowed and hauled logs with the Quest and with nearly 3000 miles on it has never let me down.Bombardier also have a 3 year warranty.
I have owned two Polaris and a Honda, but this is by far the best bike for what I do.I think with all the great bikes out there it's getting hard to make a choice :) ..Good Luck
IF YOU ARE TO BUSY TO HUNT...YOU'RE TO BUSY!!!
Ronster

Post by Ronster »

I bought my little boy a Bombardier Rally for his B-Day . They seem to be put together well and reliable so far. If I ever traded in my Argo 6x6 Bigfoot for a quad, I'm sure I'd go with a Bombardier product.
Ridge Runner

Honda 450 ES

Post by Ridge Runner »

Bought the Honda in 2005. Its a great machine. Carried out half an elk (7x7) each load. I have all the bells and whistles with it. Fully loaded. Never skipped a beat. I dont need any thing bigger this one does the trick. Happy with a honda...
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

What kinda Honda do you have Ridge Runner?

Grey Owl
Ridge Runner

Post by Ridge Runner »

I have a 450 ES Foreman. Push button on command trans. easy machine to run. Happy with a honda....................
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

That's definetely a work horse. Alot of ranchers and outfitters use these foreman around here. My first quad was a Honda 300 4X4, keep it 5 years, never a problem. That's why I'm going back to one.

Grey Owl
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Grey Owl thats what i have a 96 model 300 4x4...Man I have put that atv thru the crap and it hasnt ever laid down on me Iv had it for 6 years now..I bought that very one because of all the ranchers and cattleman swear by them 300 hondas..full time 4x4 is the only bad thing if you wanna call it bad..Hard to steer if your small...but its always reliable..alaways starts no matter how cold it is...easy to work on..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Yip, you're right in all you said. Most reliable 4X4 quad that I know. The one that took its place (350 rancher) is just as good. Some guys are putting in over 40,000 kms or 24,000 miles on them and still going strong.

That's the big reason I'm going back to Honda. They've pick up their act positively.

Grey Owl
doubledrop

Post by doubledrop »

POLARIS sportsman is the only way to go for me they are awesome i've had several and they all performed flawlessly only one time did i ever slip a belt and after i got it outta the pond and dried off a bit it took right off do they see polaris in canada i currently have the 500 h.o on the fly 4x4 winch front and rear snow plow the automatic is awesome just my .02
Tom

Post by Tom »

Double drop I have always like the rear suspenion of the Polaris bikes. But I have had 3 different friends tell me to stay away from them as they have front boot problems. They told me that Ice and snow was causing ripping of the boots. I do not know which bikes they had but told me that it was costly to repair. In saying that, I also have another friend that has I think the same bike as you and really likes it.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

We don't have a lot of snow and ice here but last year it did snow. I took my Sportsman out and ran for hours. The whole front end was a frozen block of ice. No problems at all from the boots. I did tear a boot on the rear from a stick that got wedged in there and when I rode it wore a hole in it. I bought a boot and boot pliers and changed it in about 30 minutes. Never had a front boot problem but the rear ones are a piece of cake to change. Get a shop manual and a few tools and you can do do a lot of stuff at home. Parts for Polaris are easy to find as well as after market stuff.