Airial photos/plot maps ??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

footed shaft

Airial photos/plot maps ??

Post by footed shaft »

Well,since that's all she wrote for this year, :cry: i guess it's time to start planning for next year. :lol:
I am looking to find a good source for airial photos and a map/maps of prperty owners.I have located a couple places that are holding alot of deer right now and given the same conditions will most likely hold them next year.The problem is i don't know who owns the property and i am not really sure where to start looking. Is there a map/or web site i can go to and locate property owners??
Thanks for any help y'all can give me. :) Bill
A.W

Post by A.W »

Never looked for this kind of information but I think you would start at the City Hall of your town. If you know any realestate people they would be able to advise you.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

ttt,anyone ???
Tom

Post by Tom »

I believe that there should be a LAND TITLE office near you. Not sure but I think that they charge for land title search. If the lans is near Public land, your local MNR might be able to help you as well.

Do you know any landowners in the area that your talking about. Talk to them. Most all landowners in the country know who owns what and where the property line starts and stops.

Hope this is of some help.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
bushmaster

land

Post by bushmaster »

I'm guessing this will be tough info to find online....I have an MD map, that costs about $35 and list all landowners, etc. Any searches I have done just lead me to a site trying to sell their info, so you might be looking at buying an MD or county map.
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

Bushmaster,can you tell me what a MD map is,and what site can i go to to get one?

Tom,i am not sure if there is an office near me.I have asked a couple landowners but the properties are broke up so much that nobody really knows exactly who owns what.
Thanks for the info so far fellas. Any more help/leads would be great. Thanks Bill
bushmaster

map

Post by bushmaster »

I'm in Alberta and each Municipal District has a map such as the one I described. Where are you located ?
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

I am located in southern ontario,Tillsonburg to be exact. Bill
bushmaster

map

Post by bushmaster »

Tillsonburg is in the County of Oxford. Contact them and see if they have such a map. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything...got mired down in histirical maps. But our MD maps are updated about every 5 years, with all the new/different landowners, etc. printed on the property. They show ownership, buidings, roads...township and range roads,...creeks, rivers, railroads. They are a great source of info.
Hafta Hunt

Post by Hafta Hunt »

I've seen satalight immiges on the internet that show as much detail as parked trucks. The tend to get lower resolution as you get further into the rural areas. I could pick out my exact stand locations with help from creeks, fencrow configuration...

I would like to get my hands on some air photo's though.
ranger66

Post by ranger66 »

I don't know if this will help you out or not. Just keep zooming in on an area and when you get down to around 25,000ft. click on the camera Icon on the right hand side at the top.
http://gis.county.wellington.on.ca/Internet/onpoint
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

Ranger66,that is very cool,where did you come across that?? I would love to have access to something like that for my area. Bill
Harry Crabtree

Post by Harry Crabtree »

Have you tried GoogleEarth? They have satellite images I understand. I've played around on it a bit but need help myself! Just a thought.
I always get the last words at my house, "Yes Dear"
BUCKSHOT

Footed Shaft

Post by BUCKSHOT »

I tried a couple of things for you on your local web site and this is what I think I would do if I were you!

Your local web site offers many maps!
http://new.county.oxford.on.ca/site/792/default.aspx

I would select one of the maps which is used by the 911 system to identify a particular property address! Take that information to your local registry office and do a title search!
That will provide you with the name of the owner and the legal description of the property!
From that information you can possibly contact the person on the phone or go see them in person!

Another neat web site that the County of Oxford has to offer is one called map your farm!
You can select Tillsonburg on an area map and and keep zooming in on particular features untill you reach the size best suited for you to map out a hunting area! It is really neat and usefull by the look of it!
You can also layer your map with other information like Conservation Authorities, Private Water Wells, Public Water Wells e.t.c!

It is at
http://maps.county.oxford.on.ca/maps/ma ... iewer.html
This site can also be reached through the first site address I gave you!

FYI I believe a title search will cost you about $ 10.00, I am not sure what the fee will be but it may be money well spent if you get the land!

Hope this helps! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

Another good way to search for something like this is google or yahoo GIS LOCATOR (and then your region or township) This is mine for Waterloo Region. http://locator.region.waterloo.on.ca/locator.htm

You can go into there...explore all you want and you will land up finding exact property boundry's and also bushlots in great detail. I use these maps when every I get permission at a new place and it works great and you can also tell where the really thick stuff is!!!!! Works great!

Good luck...Ryan