VIDEO... Lucky Buck....gun hunting..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

VIDEO... Lucky Buck....gun hunting..

Post by Woody Williams »

Click on, sound helps but not required

http://www.break.com/index/luckybuck.html

The "hunter" is not from Excalibur, that's for sure!

We would never do this would we guys?

Or would we?
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Big John

video

Post by Big John »

Woody:

The guys sights must be way out or just a very bad shot. I hope it's his sights! That was terrible.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Tom

Post by Tom »

I agree that his/her sights must have been off. The time he/she took before taking the third shot suggests that it would not be BUCKFEVER because of the amought of time to be careful with the third shot.

Either he/she did not sight in before hand, or knocked the sights on the rifle without knowing. Cause if they thought the sights could have been off, then they would have adjusted for the third shot the amount they missed on the first two.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
chessy

Post by chessy »

we have a guy in camp that is like this person ... if it was a doe he would take her eye out .....seeing that it was a buck there would have been shots all over the place ... i have seen some of his shots 10 feet in the trees.... he insists it was on there chest .. he shot at buck this year at 20yards broad side with 44mag rifle and never touched a hair shots were very well spaced he just has the case of buck fever bad ... so far he is like 40-0 .the sadest part of the whole thing is he sees them every year :oops: :roll:
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

This is kind of embarassing but... I ran out of bullets tracking a button buck in the snow this year. After my last shot he stood broadside about 40 feet away from me. I had to call my buddy over on my radio but the buck took off when my buddy got there. The good news was my buddy's dad took him when the deer came out to his watch. It was kinda nice because is was the first deer his dad shot in almost 20 years!

I've heard about it for 2 months now :roll: I'll spend some time at the range next summer. I can hit them if they are standing still but if they are moving I seem to have a hard time.
huntman

Post by huntman »

If you thinks that bad.. I have a friend that was hunting for whitetail with his horton x-bow, he was hunting a stand for the first time and was not familiar with the distances while up in the stand :? He had a very large buck within 15 yards and thought the deer was further (????) he shot at him with his 35 yard pin and missed, the deer stood there staring at him while he re-cocked and shot a second arrow, not adjusting his distance he missed the second shot, he re-cocked a third time and shot all while the buck stood there, he finally hit the buck in the spin :shock: :shock: ...
Now he had no bolts left to finsh him off!!!! After searching on the ground he recovered a bolt with a broadhead on it and finished the buck off!!! The Buck is a nine pointer with a 21" inside spread, he is now hanging over his fireplace!! This buck just had a death wish!! I'm suprised the poor thing didn't die of a heart attck
When it's your day it's your day!!!!
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

Looks like he was shooting at the rack. Proof buck fever is real ! LOL
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

OK Guys..

From the sound what kind of action gun was he shooting?

Lever?

Pump?

Bolt?

Semi?
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Sounds like bolt action to me .................

And chessy,, do we hunt in the same party ? We have a guy like that in our party as well :lol: :lol:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Tom

Post by Tom »

Sliver wrote:Sounds like bolt action to me .................

I agree with Sliver ............. Bolt action .........

I still think that it was not BUCK FEVER but more likly his'her sights were off. The bullets struck the ground too close together in the dirt and they took alot of time before the thrid shot to be buck fever.

Just my opinion.
Tom
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

Nice grouping :lol:
I agree. His sights must have been off.
mblaney

Post by mblaney »

I used to hunt with a guy who lost complete control of himself when he saw a deer. Way to dangerous to be around so we do not hunt together anymore. this year he fired 22 slugs (12ga) and never got a deer. One situation a buck kept approaching him as he fired, reloaded, fired - he spent all of his shells and the buck walked to the base of his stand and looked up at him. Since my buddy was out of shells all he could do was stare back.

Another "situation" he walked up on a herd of deer; fired 3 shots and reloaded and fired a forth, hit nothing. All of his shots were less than 40 yards, closest would have been 15 or less.

He is also an Excal owner; good luck!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

That's funny ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have seen that video on a few threads and on a few sites already , but it still makes me laugh ! ...... you can hear the dissappointment in the guys voice at the end .....

You can be the best hunter around and still have " missed opportunity " .... but catching it on film .... well that's got to sting ! :lol: :lol:

Some guys have all the luck ..... I know of a rookie that hunts with a buddy of mine .... approx 4 years ago he had his first nice buck walk right up to the stand .... he was shaking and he shot over top at approx 8 yards ! ...... the buck ran away ..... the guy was upset ! .... he recocked his crossbow ..... approx 10 mins later the buck walks back ! ..... he shoots over top again at approx 10 yards ! ..... the buck runs away again .... the guy is pi$$ed at himself now .... as he is fumbling for another arrow which is in the quiver stuffed in his napsack , he drops his napsack and the whole thing falls to the ground with a thump ! ..... he climbs down , grabs his napsack and all ..... gets back up and reloads .... as he turns around the buck walks in again and he shoots high and spines him at approx 20 yards ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It wasn't even during the rut ! .... the deer gods were just smiling and that boy that day ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Tom

Post by Tom »

R.J. wrote:That's funny ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can be the best hunter around and still have " missed opportunity " .... but catching it on film .... well that's got to sting ! :lol: :lol: .....................
Yea everyone that has hunted for any period of time will have a missed opertunity ........... imagine getting it on video like RJ said ........... then imagine putting it on the web for everyone to see ......... :oops: :oops: .......... not sure how many of us would have enough brass to do that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom
chessy

Post by chessy »

silver if you hunt area 54 algoquin park you may hunt with him lol great guy bad shot :roll: :wink: :cry: :lol: