Accuracy....it's a short range rifle!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Harry Crabtree

Accuracy....it's a short range rifle!

Post by Harry Crabtree »

Guys, just got my Exomax Christmas day and have sighted in the Varizone scope as per the instructions with the field points that come provided with the "Right Stuff" package carbon arrows. Dang, this thing is accurate! I have the target called "The Block" and at 30 yards free hand I put 4 arrows in 4 different 3" circles. Then backed off to 40 yards and freehand still shot a 4-arrow group that's less than 8 inches! I LIKE IT! How much difference should I expect if any when I switch over from my 100 grain target points to the Wasp broadheads that come with my bow? Will they shoot exactly the same? Thanks for all the good advise I got on here at to which crossbow to buy.....I think you guys steered me right. Thx again.
I always get the last words at my house, "Yes Dear"
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Congratulations on your purchase!

I shoot the wasp boss broadheads as well,, and I don't see much of a difference from shooting my field points.. you still may want to practice with them and see for yourself, but I don't think you will find much difference...

Good luck with your bow

Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Harry Crabtree

Post by Harry Crabtree »

Thx, I am hopeful that the broadheads shoot exactly like the field points. That's my dream anyway! Did you have to make any adjustments at all when you switched to the Wasp broadheads?
Tom

Post by Tom »

Harry I am not sure what is the weight of the practice heads you are using. If they match the hunting heads in weight then you should find that they would be very close to hitting the same. Usually when you have a difference is with different weight heads then your practice heads or if the head has the larger cuting Dia.

Just take a shot or two to make sure that there is no difference.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Harry, I am shooting 100g field points and Broadheads.....

BTW Great Name (Harry) :wink:

Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
speedball

Post by speedball »

Harry, if ya dont have the group size ya want with the wasp broadheads try the SLICK TRICK 100 grain they shoot like no other fixed blade head i've tried, and i've prettty much tried all the major manufacturers stuff, oh and they have a four bladed cut,...speedball....... :) :wink:
gone huntin never to return................
Harry Crabtree

Post by Harry Crabtree »

Good advice, will try a few broadheads and make sure they are shooting the same. If not, may check out these Slick Tricks.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

bttp
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.