G5 Montecs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

htoler

G5 Montecs

Post by htoler »

Whats the thoughts on the G5 Montec broadheads??
ExCalibur ExoCet 200
Tenpoint ProElite
PRB

Post by PRB »

I like them because of the one piece design. They fly really great too and thats the larger 125 grain I'm talking about. Im waiting to put some Blazer broadhead vanes on and try the 85 grain and Im betting they'll fly perfectly.
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
wabi

Post by wabi »

They're all I carry in my quiver - if that tells you anything :lol:
There are several good broadheads out there, and I've tried many of them, but the G-5 Montec gives great accuracy & a very good wound so I've narrowed my selection to them only. Takes some effort to sharpen them, but a good diamond stone works fine and I like to touch them up every day or two just to be certain I'm prepared. Once you get them sharp it doesn't take much effort to touch-up the edge. G-5 also makes a very good diamond stone with a leather pad on the other side to "finish" the edge. I don't own a g-5 stone (yet) but I do use a strip of leather for a shaving sharp edge.
wabi
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Hello, I was just wondering what these heads look like and was safts do you use with them?
shifty

Post by shifty »

all I use are the g5 montecs in the 140 grn and all i use is a file to sharpen mine . The deer sure dont go far with those heads. I shoot the exomag and gold tips.