Health questions for you folks from Canada

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

The Butcher

Health questions for you folks from Canada

Post by The Butcher »

I have been really struggling for the last 4 years, with some health issues. Doctor's here in the U.S. love to rape the insurance companies, so as a result, we get bounced from doctor to doctor. Every time I feel poorly, I get a very strong metallic taste in my mouth, and some eye twitching. It has really put a damper on the quality of life I have been having. I have almost worked no overtime in 4 years, and have not hunted or fished nearly as much as I did before 2002. Anyone ever have these kind of symptoms and what did they find. I've been through so many test, and you name it, I've had it. Thank the Lord, all test have come back good. I do have sleep apnea, and us a bi-pap machine, but I do not get good rest. My doctor, seems to think that is the route of all of my troubles. Just wondereing if perhaps any of you have had anything similar. Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any information. I'm to the point of going out of country to see a good doctor.
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

Hey Butcher I can relate . Your doctor is right, the strong metalic taste in your mouth is a symtom of sleep apnea. The only thing that has helped me and a few others I know is a change in diet. Try not to eat past 7:00pm and really try to limit your alcohol consumption. Losing weight has also helped some people. Good luck.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

buckeye,
I don't drink, so that's not an issue. Just looking for some hope that this will end. I have lost 40 pounds, doc said it would help. Never felt worse. Sick of yard bird and salad. I could stand to loose 40 more though. Thanks for the reply.
BOB VANDRISH

Health Questions

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Butcher,have you ever thought that it could be an allergy to something?
Both my daughter and daughter in law developed what I would call adult onset allergies,around 40 years old!
My daughter in law was the worst,and even spent a week at your Mayo clinic outside on Minneapolis,where they basically told her it was all in her head.
At that point,she was down to 104 lbs and had told her kids she was dying.
Then both my daughter and daughter law started a program with a doctor who practices holistic medicine,and the recovery in both of them has been just amazing!
Mind you,one of them has to be really careful with certain odours,but at least she is now a functional human being,and is back at work after fighting this unknown thing for two years!
I read your article and just felt compelled to share this with information with you.
May be worth looking into!
Bob.
Bob Vandrish.
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

I went to a Certified Bioset practicioner. Treated all my allergies, and can treat many symptoms. I had an MSG allergy, for days after eating Chinese food I had severe sinus headaches and lacked sleep until it subsided. I was treated for the MSG allergy and literally could feel the headache and sinuses clear. Still was tired as I hadn't slept in two days.
Check this out www.bioset-institute.com
There is a forum to ask questions and maybe you can find a practioner near you. I was leary at first, but my health plan at work covered the treatments, so I figured all I had to lose was a little time.
When you whack them you better stack them!!!
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Thanks for the replies, and will look into allergy problems. I too know what it feels like. I broke down, and started crying one day, and told my wife, what kind of man she needed to look for to raise the kids. I mean some days I feel that bad. I have 4 weeks vacation, and last year, I used 4 days to hunt. In the past, I would have used all of my vacation to hunt. undiagnosed problems, put you through hell. You wonder if you have some disease, cancer, brain tumors, etc... I have found, that by talking to other people, you can eleminate a lot of time searching, or at least have some hope. Thanks for the replies. Butcher
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

Hey, hang in there Butcher. Hopefully they will track this thing down and take care of it. Have you tried the University of Pittsburgh. They have a very good medical staff which has helped my daughter with a rare immune disease. I have made the trip to Pittsburgh many times and have allways found them very helpful and knowledgeable. Again, good luck.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

Hey Butcher, Just last year I went through a tuff time were I was diagnosed, at first, with ALS. After alot of testing they came up with a rare disease called MMN. There is no cure for it and only 1 in 100,000 people get it. It is a nerve and muscle disease , where the good anti-bodies turn on you and start eating the nerves they are suppose to be protecting. Thank God it wasn't ALS, I can live with this, even though I can't button my shirt[ fine motor skills] I'm still on a antidepressent drug. When this first started, I thought I had carpal tunnel in my left hand. Hang in there. I also had twitching in my hand, arms, shoulders, legs and face., which is part of the disease. I had 24 hour urine tests, tons of blood work. They were looking for everything, lyme, mercury, lead or anything chemical.