Tiny cracks (ridges) pm limb of my Xbow-New Guy Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mkgeorgetown

Tiny cracks (ridges) pm limb of my Xbow-New Guy Question

Post by mkgeorgetown »

Hi all
I just received my new Phoenix yesterday. Was looking at it at last night and when I held it to the light just right on one limb there are several small cracks (ridges) in the limb. There are some on the end of the limb as well as in the middle. These don't look like they go all the way thru may just be cosmetic. Not sure, was wondering if anyone else had seen this before. The other limb has one or two but nothing like the other. These are all short none go long. Thanks!
BigBear

Re: Tiny cracks (ridges) pm limb of my Xbow-New Guy Question

Post by BigBear »

mkgeorgetown wrote:Hi all
I just received my new Phoenix yesterday. Was looking at it at last night and when I held it to the light just right on one limb there are several small cracks (ridges) in the limb. There are some on the end of the limb as well as in the middle. These don't look like they go all the way thru may just be cosmetic. Not sure, was wondering if anyone else had seen this before. The other limb has one or two but nothing like the other. These are all short none go long. Thanks!
I've seen this as well, as a matter of fact, my phoenix has this too....they are called (fishers) and are normal, some limbs have none, or more than others...it comes from the way the limbs are moulded...Not to worry :)

Hope this helps.
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
Beaver

Post by Beaver »

My Vixen has literally hundreds of these (fishures?) Ever compound I ever owned had them. My boy has a high dollar recurve with black glass and it has maybe thousands. Evidently they are fairly norman and are not problematic.
I never was as good as I used to be.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Right on fellows!! :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
striper

fishures?

Post by striper »

Good morning guys. They are present on the limbs of my Exocet and Vixen. By the way, the word is spelled fissure. Good hunting, Striper
May your days be long and your hunts many. Pray that the God of the Bible will protect you as you go.
mkgeorgetown

Post by mkgeorgetown »

All,
Thank you guys for your info and comments this makes me feel a whole lot better! Now I will finish putting everything on the bow and go sight it in!! I love this forum. Thanks again to all of you.

Mark