Will there be any new models for 2006?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jackhunter

Will there be any new models for 2006?

Post by Jackhunter »

Just curious if Bill and Kath have any new models in the works for 2006? I would love to see them come out with a more powerful bow than the EXOMAX. I currently own one and I cock it by hand without the rope cocking aid with little effort. I would love for them to design a 300 lb bow!

Mario
PRB

Post by PRB »

You must be that big guy I always in the crowd :lol:
From a smaller framed person such as myself with the assistance of the rope cocker the Phoenix is more than enough for me.
I dont know and have not seen any advertisements for any new bows.
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
BigBird-VA

Re: Will there be any new models for 2006?

Post by BigBird-VA »

Jackhunter wrote:I would love to see them come out with a more powerful bow than the EXOMAX. I currently own one and I cock it by hand without the rope cocking aid with little effort. I would love for them to design a 300 lb bow!

Mario

300? You need some Wheaties. 350 or don't bother.
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

Jackhunter wrote:Just curious if Bill and Kath have any new models in the works for 2006? I would love to see them come out with a more powerful bow than the EXOMAX. I currently own one and I cock it by hand without the rope cocking aid with little effort. I would love for them to design a 300 lb bow!

Mario
Do you also hunt deer with a 375 H&H? Or are you under the delusion that you don't have to learn how to judge yardage if you buy such a bow
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach
Tom

Post by Tom »

Jackhunter a few years back BillT told the forum that building the fast or high poundage bows were not the problem. That he could do that then, but the problem would be to buoild one that would stand up to the abuse that hunters put their equipment through. Excalibur makes crossbows that are of high quality and that would last.

Currently right now, there are many States that do not allow the Exomax to be hunted with. This bow I believe is also not allowed into alot of crossbows shoots as the arrows are shot too fast and the poundage is too high.

There will always be people that want FASTER cause they think that it is better because it is faster. In my opinion faster is not always better. The higher the poundage means that there is alot more retained energy in the bow which causes more stress put on all aspects of the bow. Also remember that a crossbow only retains the energy that you have to put into the limbs, they do not generate any more than you put into it.

That saying, 200 lbs is more then enough for me to take down any animal in North America. Why would I want to have to put another 100 lbs of energy into a bow when it is not needed.

Just my opinion. BTW - I shoot the Relayer which is a 150lb 22 year old excalibur crossbow. Still works great. That is what i want in a hunting tool, Reliability
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

Tom I think you said it all right there
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Livtahunt wrote:Tom I think you said it all right there
"DITTO FER SURE"
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
mikew

Post by mikew »

GaryL wrote:
Livtahunt wrote:Tom I think you said it all right there
"DITTO FER SURE"
Gee, is it legal to ditto a ditto?!?

If so, then I'm ditto'ing that ditto!
:D

-Mike
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I bury my bolts far enough in the ground on a pass through with my Exocet. More poundage and I would not get my souvenier from the kill :wink: . I've taken three shots on deer and have three dead deer. All my shots have been within 15 yards. It's so much fun (and sometimes frustrating) to get them in that close. :D
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Mr. Dynamite

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

has or can someone post a whole chronological history and short discription of all bows excal has made since the begining? post it as a new topic. Just so that some of us newer viewers know what all the diff models of bows talked about are. Thanks whoever takes it on!
Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!
mfh

Post by mfh »

All I know is that from my max I can not see the bolt in flight, and on the most recent shot, I had pass through, and then the boit lodged into an oak root completely burying the broadhead (wasp) up to the shaft actually bending the aluminum washer...needless to say, I had to break the bolt to ge it out.

I am happy with the max...but in hind sight, I would have saved the $50 and got the exocet...the max is just way more than I need at 30 yards...
JeffOwens

Post by JeffOwens »

I can't wait till we get a 700-800 pound bow that I have to use the winch on my atv to cock. Untill a bolt can break the sound barrier it's too damn slow.

Sure my Exomax will do a pass through on one deer, but what happens when I have eight or ten of them lined up? Or if one is wearing a kevlar vest? You never know, deer are smart they could figure out body armor. I just want to be prepared for everything!

LOL
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Jackhunter wrote:Just curious if Bill and Kath have any new models in the works for 2006? I would love to see them come out with a more powerful bow than the EXOMAX. I currently own one and I cock it by hand without the rope cocking aid with little effort. I would love for them to design a 300 lb bow!

Mario
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Mr. Dynamite

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

ok whats with the levitating corn cob. does the smug grin mean you know?
Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Always learning!!
Home fer now!