Two quick questions...Tomorrow's the big day.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

caucious clay

Two quick questions...Tomorrow's the big day.

Post by caucious clay »

Tomorrow I go to Athens to look at the line of excalibur crossbows. they have a phonex package for 778.00. that includes 6arrows with broadheads scope, stringer, quiver, they have the exocet package for 778.00. My question is this. Are these good deals, and second in georgia its illeagle to transport a cocked crossbow, so how do you release the tention on a two hunderd pound crossbow every time you get back to the truck? Should you carry a target around or what? Any suggustions? thanks. :?:
chessy

Post by chessy »

i dont know about price seeing i live in canada but what i do is use my cocking rope to uncock it or shoot a old arrow in the ground works for me
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Hi, I don't know about the price but you can use the cocking aid to release the sting if you don"t want to do it by hand. Check out Excalibur"s web sight for the instuctional vidios.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Try cocking the bow by hand. Have the dealer show you or watch the excalibur promotional video. If you can cock it by hand you can uncock it. The other safest way is to just shoot an old bolt into the ground. I'm only 5'9" and 160lbs and have no problem cocking or uncocking my 175lb exocet by hand. It's only nerve racking the first time you do it :wink: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I forgot to mention that a huge benefit of not using any aids is that if you forget the cocking device at home, you're hunt is not ruined. I personally have forgotten my rope cocking aid more than once!!! Just a thought.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
htoler

Post by htoler »

The price is right online for what they go for here where I am in Illinois about 500 for the bow and 250 for the right stuff package..
and I dont think it is legal to carry a cocked crossbow in any state everyone I have talked to say to just shoot it into the ground of carry a target to shoot it in to..
ExCalibur ExoCet 200
Tenpoint ProElite
Ron

Post by Ron »

I found a better price on the internet at Ye Olde Archery Shoppe, $704.98 plus shipping. You probably could shop around and find an even better price than this. I've never order from this particular place so I don't know what their shipping charges are like. However, you probably are like me. You want the bow now! Enjoy your new Excalibur.
Here's the link to the cheaper price.

http://www.yeoldearcheryshoppe.com/cros ... 1_202.html
I would rather be hunting.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

http://www.archersnook.com/bows.html
You need to get a hold of bj on this forum to get a price. He is hard to beat. The above link will give you an idea of what they are going for.
swicegk

Post by swicegk »

I just purchased my Tenpoint QX-4 package from the The Olde Archery Shoppe. They have good prices and their shipping is a standard flat rate of about $8-9. The shipping was very fast. The only problem was that I had asked for them to notify me when the item shipped and they wouldn't reply to my e-mails. They only communicate thru e-mails. I think you would be safe to order from them, they get a lot of positive comments over on the Archery Talk boards. Good Luck with your purchase.
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Kit (no scope) is $570 from Cabela's plus shipping.
Thwackem!