What Digital Camera is Best????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

speedball

What Digital Camera is Best????

Post by speedball »

Alright i'm just getting opinions here but i was amazed at the cameras that are out there and the way they can stay out months with hundreds of photo's taken or even thousands what do you use and what would you like to purchase next, i do like the cuddeback but i also like the talon extreme, what do you think???????? :?: :D
gone huntin never to return................
Tom

Post by Tom »

speedball I am in the process of making a trail camera myself. From what I have found out is that if your handy at tinkering, you should be able to make one yourself for about half the price.

Also with a homemade cam, you can customize it for exactly what you want. For example, my cam is going to be fully IR (for stealth) and an extra (slave) flash for better night pictures. You can also choose how detailed your camera will be by the camera you choose. Oh ya, there are many that will build people custom cams as well.

Good luck and if you have any other questions do not feel afraid to ask.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
RayGunter

Post by RayGunter »

Like Tom I also have chosen the Home Brew route.

They are suprisingly easy to build not difficult at all. Little soldering, little drilling.

I have two units that I have built, One is a 4 meg pixel still camera that is modified for Infrared (IR) with a slave flash. It has batteries and memory sufficient to stay out for months and will hold 2-300 shots easily.

The second is a video camera also modified for IR. I have it set for 30 sec record per event. That cam will fill a 2 hour tape in a couple weeks.

I chose to use IR for the stealth ability, I never know who is prowling around and I believe its easier on the bigger bucks who tend to be a little spookier.

For those wishing to learn more about the home brew's here is a couple links to some forums that these guys hang out at. Good bunch and lots of help and advice.
Real Deal
and
Hags House

My sig has links to a few short takes from the video cam
Thanks,
Ray
[url=http://www.huntingfootage.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=782]Some short clips from my InfraRed Video Gamecam[/url]
speedball

Post by speedball »

thanx guys for the info but i think i will stay the store bought route i dont have alot of extra time to invest and i kinda like the idea of a warranty, my hunting partner and i have two 35mm cameras that are pretty good but i want to get away from developing costs, speedball
gone huntin never to return................