***ONLINE LA Crossbow Petition***

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

***ONLINE LA Crossbow Petition***

Post by Woody Williams »

From another site...

http://www.petitiononline.com/boaxbowp/petition.html

Please use the provided link to sign the Online LA Crossbow Petition.

Thank you,
Paul Rogers
Bayou Outdoors Adventures
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
MichiganBill

Petition

Post by MichiganBill »

The petition is poorly written and as such, hurts its own cause. No logical connection of the dots...and carries waytoo much emotion..Almost shouting!

More importantly, the petition uses the word "handicapped" to describe certain persons. I, like many other people, find that word to be personally repugnant and filled with sterotype inferences--all bad. The better word usage is the word "disability" or the plural, "disabilities". It does not carry with it the stigma of "handicapped" and all of its limited thinking.

To paraphrase Mark Twain:

"Sometimes, the difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between going down in history and going down in flames."

That said, good luck with your petition pursuits.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Didn't sound too out of place to me ..... I'll gladly support some brothers , if it will help them have an opporunity to enjoy what we have here in Ontario as well as other places ....

Crosbows are legal archery tackle here in Ontario Canada .... Plain and simple .... skill and ethics are in the hunter ..... doesn't matter what your choice of hunting tool might be !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
MichiganBill

R.J.?

Post by MichiganBill »

If that is the case,please read the petition one more tome, and then tell me to whom this petition is written? Is it to:

(1) The the Louisiana Legistlature?

(2) To other individuals, requesting that that they sign the petition?

If there at leat one ounce of doubt, then the silly thing has faiiled in its purpose.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

M B : I've seen tons of petitions ..... when the gun registry came here in Canada .... I signed many ! ..... Didn't look too deep at the wording ( since everybody reads things in a different light ) ( ex : John is a poor counsellor .... ) ( does John counsel the poor ? or is he just $hitty at his job :lol: :lol: ) ( kind of a glass half full , half empty thing ! )

Bottom line .... petitions ( well written or not ) ..... don't mean a hill of beans without some signatures !

30 seconds of key strokes on the PC is all I have invested in this transaction .... with the hopes of helping some crossbow brethren ...

If you don't like it , don't sign on to it .... but don't knock someone's attempt to stand up for something they believe in !

As for ....
To paraphrase Mark Twain:

"Sometimes, the difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between going down in history and going down in flames."
Mark Twain, was very fond of such outdoor sports as hunting and fishing.... he would have probably signed it ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight - but rather the size of the fight in the dog !
Dwight Eisenhower , Winston Churchill , Mark Twain , or Archie Griffin ?

Not sure who get's credit for that one ?

My $ 0.02
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
caucious clay

Post by caucious clay »

why argue about this? I signed it. When I came to Georgia It was about a job. I'd never Hunted this state before, but I've hunted with compound bow's for year's. I had lived in South Carolina all my life and I guess like numerous other hunters, or as I see it, people in general, see the crossbow as some sort of mythical weapon that gives its user magical powers. As deer seoson aproached this fall I went to wal-mart, and I got the Georgia rules and regulations for hunting season. Dah.. dah.. dah.. Iread It . I saw that compound bow's were legal and the bow season was long. One day while I was drawing my bow back a sharp pain hit me right in the top of my right sholder.I kept on practicing and the pain got worse. I tried to ignore it.RIGHT. WRONG!! that shoulder screamed in pain every time I Pulled my bow.I found some great places to hunt on public land and I tried to hunt. I missed a small doe opening day. twice. As the weeks went on I figured my shoulder would get better but it got worse. I gave up praticeing and just tried to hunt. How'ed that go? not too good. On the forth week of the season on a hot september evening a beuatiful doe came about twenty yards from my stand,but I couldn't get off a good shot.
I let her walk. twenty minuets later she came back and I tried to draw my bow.I couldn't. the arrow fell off the rest and she bolted.My shoulder told me not to try that again. Stupid shoulder. Idid get it back as she cleared the thirty yard mark. let it fly. Hit her too...somewhere. searched hard that night. searched hard next morning. found broke arrow covered with blood. no deer.Well then I gave up. went home and read rules and regulations book again. but something kept drawing me back to the ad on the front inside cover.the one that said TALK IS CHEAP. the ad for EXCALIBUR CROSSBOW.COM. so I looked at the regulations on crossbows and saw that they were legal in all seasons. Allright easy meat. I found a deal on a barnett crossbow and got my rude awakening. It wasn't nearly as accurate as my compound and not even close to being as fast. Rifle season came and I ended up with two nice bucks and a pretty mountain doe which I got with my muzzle loader. By now I'd started reading this forum and I could tell by the responce that these people responding were diehard fans. I had to try one myself. I drove to athens and shot an Exocet two hundred and ended up bringing it home for nine hundred. My daddy told me I was crazy. "you coulda got a damn good rifle for that", he said. "I've got a damn good rifle", I said. Now I also have a damn good crossbow. But I still don't have a perfect weapon. It is accurate. It is fast. but It's not magical and it's still only good at close range. Ican cock it and my shoulder dosn't hurt, but given the choice I wouldn't choose it over compound rifle or muzzle loader. There's just something mystical about this thing I cant describe that draws me to it. Is it this Exocet or is it mabey this forum?

T,
women and cat's will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.-ROBERT A. HEINLEIN
PRB

Post by PRB »

Tried to sign but not working right now.
I get "Internal Server Error" :cry:
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!