Checkbook pucker: Shot the wrong deer!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MichiganBill

Checkbook pucker: Shot the wrong deer!

Post by MichiganBill »

This guy is hunting at a ranch in Texas for free and is supposed to shot a cull buck. The cull buck is a tight racked 8 point. Watch this.

http://www.rexkramer.com/bigdeer.wmv

Warning some cuss words, but very funny.
Normous

Post by Normous »

He's just the kinda guy I would never want to hunt with. That's for sure :roll: :roll: :x
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
RayGunter

Post by RayGunter »

That is a very expensive mistake. That buck was definately not a cull buck.
Thanks,
Ray
[url=http://www.huntingfootage.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=782]Some short clips from my InfraRed Video Gamecam[/url]
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

After watching that I would never want to hunt on a ranch or anywhere where there is a "trophy" fee for killing a big animal. The guy should have been jumping up and down but instead he felt like a piece of crap.

Crown land. What ever legal animal I decide to shoot I can without worry. A place like that takes away from hunting. It shouldn't be who has the fatter wallet gets the biggest deer.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
MichiganBill

"Worried Money"

Post by MichiganBill »

To look at the guy, he has "worried money" written all over his face. He knows that he screwd the pooch, and he knows that he is also liable for having to pay the game ranch owner alot of money for that deer that he took in the excitement of the moment. The stutter in his voice comes from the fact that he doesn't have anywwhere near that kind of cash, this the "worried money" tone in his voice that timididly infers, "I hope this guy doesm't make me pay for this deer."
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I saw that video clip before, So much for being the "Great White Hunter". I'm sure the guy paid for his mistake in more ways than just money. IMO, hunting and the preparation for it costs enough without having to pay with humiliation and additional "trophy fees".
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

How much would that deer cost him?
MichiganBill

Price?

Post by MichiganBill »

$15,000 (US) minimum!
Partikle

Re: Price?

Post by Partikle »

MichiganBill wrote:$15,000 (US) minimum!
GTFOOH :shock: , really? :roll: Lifestyles of the rich and famous.
Shakky

Re: Price?

Post by Shakky »

MichiganBill wrote:$15,000 (US) minimum!

Wow!!! No wonder the guy looked so unhappy. He knew he shot the wrong deer right from the start.
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

Man am I ever glad I don't hunt on a ranch. Well actually I do hunt on a cattle ranch that happens to have deer on it. Wonder how many sides of beef I could get fro $15,000 US. :D lol
Sako

Post by Sako »

That video was made up as a joke after the guy shot the buck.... I saw this on another site. There is more information at the web page for the ranch....
Like Mr. Nugent says... You can't grill it till you kill it.
MichiganBill

I dont buy it

Post by MichiganBill »

I'm willing to bet a bag of carrots that that sequence was NOT staged. I know the sound when buddies harang and ridicule their fellow hunter (usually for taking too SMALL a deer). It's part sympathy and part good-natured tease all in the same tone. Been the target of it in my lifetime once or twice.

The owner of that ranch did the classic "Texas two-step" in a valiant, but very transparent, public relations effort to stunt criticism of his handling the situation so poorly. (I'm in the business, I know)

What he should have done is grab the camera and smash it, like in the movies. Still, I hope he made the idiot pay for the deer its full value. That was dumb.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

If that's acting, it's pretty darned good.

It does seem unusual for the filming to have started so early, while the guys were just riding in the truck. Still, the whole cast of characters put on a pretty credible show, I'd say, if they were just acting.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
chris4570

Re: I dont buy it

Post by chris4570 »

MichiganBill wrote:Still, I hope he made the idiot pay for the deer its full value. That was dumb.
Every deer I have shot was paid for when I bought my licence. Whether doe or buck, big or small it should be the same price. "Cull buck", "Trophy buck" blah, blah, blah. When you go caribou hunting you shoot whatever sized beast you want. These guys that charge based upon the size of the animals rack, IMO, are not helping our sport in any way. This is the kind of stuff that leads to drugged up deer in 3 acre pens!!!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"