How close to bedding area can you hunt?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Partikle

How close to bedding area can you hunt?

Post by Partikle »

I found a sweet spot for next fall while scouting on the weekend. I can clear some shooting lanes and watch 3 trails from 1 spot. I will have to make a ground blind because most of the trees in the area are too small.

Here is my issue, I found a ton of old beds pretty close to this spot (and downwind the way the wind usually blows) I don't want to be too close to the beds. How close do you boys hunt to the bedding areas?

Partikle
bushmaster

Post by bushmaster »

You should try to get completely out of bed before shooting. This sounds like the epitome of laziness, trying to hunt from the comfort of your bedroom. Live a little, leave the yard even !! Maybe even go for a walk in the woods !! :lol: .......maybe I've missed the gist of this post !! :oops:
mikew

Post by mikew »

bushmaster wrote:You should try to get completely out of bed before shooting. This sounds like the epitome of laziness, trying to hunt from the comfort of your bedroom. Live a little, leave the yard even !! Maybe even go for a walk in the woods !! :lol: .......maybe I've missed the gist of this post !! :oops:
That's funny!

I needed a pick-me-up with the way work is going today...

Thanks for the chckle!
-Mike

PS Great info in the thread itself too!