Field crossbow Point Blanc?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Swede

Field crossbow Point Blanc?

Post by Swede »

I am shooting field crossbow(WCSA) and I wonder if the Point Blanc is ok for this? Seems like the only way to go if Im going to buy an Excalibur crossbow.
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

Its ok for indoor but outdoors you are handicapped because 20?64 is about the thinnest bolt you can use and the trajectory sucks at 65M (believe me i have spent alot of time customizing one). The trigger isn't in the same league as a Contender (Australia) Spirit (GB) PennyPacker (USA) or one of Robin Allen's bows with a swiss trigger.

I have a Hennigan custom stock with high comb-makes the weapon balance alot better-I shot a 593 indoor once with one which is my best score

before the WCSA rules it was great indoor because you could shoot linecutters like 2314 but now you are limited to 21/64 and TNC.NAA has gone along with the WCSA.

they are great training bows-you can add some AUSBOW accessories like an adjustable cheek piece and a palm rest
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach
Motto

Post by Motto »

Jim C, what is the weight and lenght of the 21/64 bolt you have used with the Point Blanc?

Thank you,
Motto
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

I will be making some up because for the last few years I used the GT. They aren't quite as straight as X7 but they don't bend. I alway go as long as possible while still getting TWO bolts out of one shaft so near 17". I use a 2117 driver in the rear and an insert and a 145 grain bullet point in the front with feather fletching to get as much FOC as possible. I will let you know when I make them up. MY GT had alot of FOC since I used the brass insert with 145 grain BP.

they weighed around 380 or so.
TNC and ACF Member
Motto

Post by Motto »

Thank you Jim C for the answer. What is the size of the feather that you use?

Thanks,
Motto
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

Motto wrote:Thank you Jim C for the answer. What is the size of the feather that you use?

Thanks,
Motto
normally 4" but I might go 3 this time around and do some tests as to groups
TNC and ACF Member