remington model 721/conversion

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DEAD-EYE

remington model 721/conversion

Post by DEAD-EYE »

sorry guys, i know its not crossbow related but, i figured therer should be enough knowledge in the forum to help be out.

here is the scoop i have aremingtoin model 721 bolt action .270 , this gun has never let me down and i would never want to get rid of it, but the 721 have ablind magazine, so to unload i have to rack them out opne by one, a feature i am not impresed with, so what i would like to do is convert the gun to a floor-plate or even a d.m. , at the same time i am also planing on changing the stock to a nicer laminate w/ cheek peice

i have seen lots of other post on the net with guys interested in the same thing

just hoping you guys may have some answers or suggestions, of gun smiths (owen sound, ontario and area) or even better if you or anyone you know has had this work done before
hunters will do anything for a... buck!!!
Fox

Post by Fox »

There are conversions for the model 700 but I am not sure how close the 721 is to that. Check out Cabelas and they have a long action conversion to DM for the 700.
DEAD-EYE

Post by DEAD-EYE »

thanks,,

well the 721 and the 700 are very simaliar but to my understanding the only major difference is the safety disign,, one conversion kit that i have looked at is the kwik klip kit which is for the bdl w/ floor-plate to be converted to the d.m.,,
hunters will do anything for a... buck!!!
franklinm

Post by franklinm »

Dead Eye Check these two Forms , There are a lot`s there about gun`s
Fox

Post by Fox »

That is the cheaper one, I am sure you would be able to convert to that setup by just opening up the bottom of the mag and fitting the box. You may also be able to find a cheap take off BDL stock from a model 700 and make it fit.

Here is another place that has conversions but the price is a little higher.
http://www.hsprecision.com/
I have a model 700 in .222 Rem and want a box mag but I can shoot a lot of ammo for what HS wants for a conversion mind you it never hurts to look.

If you have not yet visited this forum it should be better at answering your firearms questions.
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/

Good luck