Ottawa Archery..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Alaspan

Ottawa Archery..

Post by Alaspan »

I called there today, and...

"We're sorry, Ottawa archery is now closed - forever" :?

So much for getting a quote on a summit viper! I always hate to hear about local shops shutting down....it can't be easy these days to compete with big guns.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Yep, it's been closed since about mid January.

You can try this place here to order a stand, but I'm not sure if he carries Summit.
However, there's a good chance he can get one in for you.

He's in Orleans and he's got good prices.

Canadian Extreme Hunting Supplies
www.canadianextreme.com

Hope you find what you want!.

Good Luck.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

I was not impressed to say the least! :evil: He had a division of Ottawa Archery in Cornwall that closed Mid Dec (Rob's Bowhunting). I finally got a nice buck worth entering in his contest as he had a Big Rack contest at that store was only one scored in 3 week of NOV. When he closed in Cornwall I tried several times to reach him in Ottawa in early Jan for where I placed and my prize. First time I had a chance at winning something and I get shafted. It is one thing for a business to go bankrupt, but when a freindly competion self funded by the hunters who registered is not paid out then it is down right wrong. Did anyone have entries in at the Ottawa Store in that contest?
When you whack them you better stack them!!!
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Mighty Mooser wrote:I was not impressed to say the least! :evil: He had a division of Ottawa Archery in Cornwall that closed Mid Dec (Rob's Bowhunting). I finally got a nice buck worth entering in his contest as he had a Big Rack contest at that store was only one scored in 3 week of NOV. When he closed in Cornwall I tried several times to reach him in Ottawa in early Jan for where I placed and my prize. First time I had a chance at winning something and I get shafted. It is one thing for a business to go bankrupt, but when a freindly competion self funded by the hunters who registered is not paid out then it is down right wrong. Did anyone have entries in at the Ottawa Store in that contest?
Yeah, I took 3rd place this year in the contest here in Ottawa, I got a treestand out of it.
Last edited by LoneWolf on Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

Thanks for the link LoneWolf...

I'll have to check out the shop sometime. Looks good on the web.

I might be able to get a deal at Carp Sportsman Show April 7-9th. I bought my Exocet there two years ago from Big Al's and got a good price....
kodiak

Extreme

Post by kodiak »

Hey Guys,

He doesn't have a shop, he just runs it out of his house, but he's a GREAT guy, ver accomodating, and personable.

A1 to buy from.
LoneWolf

Re: Extreme

Post by LoneWolf »

kodiak wrote:Hey Guys,

He doesn't have a shop, he just runs it out of his house, but he's a GREAT guy, ver accomodating, and personable.

A1 to buy from.
That's correct!..
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

I was of the impression 2 seperate contests, however he never was not open since mid dec and would not return my e-mails or letters from Ottawa. I likely was only one with a deer entered in Cornwall prior to closing and I did not get any prize!!! Should have posted winners on the board or something. I enquired at Ottawa who winners of the contest were and he did not respond. I know most of the people entered and would have been able to verify if I was beat or not. Just doesn't seem right for a friendly competition.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Mighty Mooser,

I'm really curious!

What did your rack score?

thanks
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

It was around 130, but he wouldn't even aknowledge where I ranked.
I know it may not have been a very big deer, but I was only deer entered in as of about the 3rd friday in Nov.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Oh well, all I can say is I"m sorry to hear that you got the shaft there, MM.
Last edited by LoneWolf on Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

Tha is 3 archery stores he has had. I really thought he would have made a go of it in Ottawa, however timing got him in Cornwall, and Glengary Archery was too far removed for people to find it. Just leaves a bad taste in your mouth, and if he was to reopen again under another name I would bypass it.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Mighty Mooser wrote: Just leaves a bad taste in your mouth, and if he was to reopen again under another name I would bypass it.
:)
Last edited by LoneWolf on Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Buck Fever

Re: Extreme

Post by Buck Fever »

LoneWolf wrote:
kodiak wrote:Hey Guys,

A1 to buy from.
That's correct!..
I third the fact the http://www.canadianextreme.com Is a great place to buy from :D
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Hey Buck Fever,

He does carry the Summit line too don't he.???
Ontario Trophy Bucks