North American Hunting Club

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

NightTrain

North American Hunting Club

Post by NightTrain »

Just got a package in the mail.

Anyone a member???? Looks like a faceless ad-firm to me.

Any thought opinions???
Mr. Dynamite

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

no im a member and thats what my dad thought when we got it too. they send you cool books (to buy if you want. warning the first is $12, to get you hooked, the rest $36!) i asked not to receive the books anymore, but they are great, and they send a good magazine every 2 mo or so

so yea it it looks like a scam, but i will say it isnt
Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I believe Chris4570 had a problem with these people trying to force him to buy stuff or renew a membership. I know he wasen't impressed.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Digger

Post by Digger »

They've sent me applications for the last 3 years now, its just a scheme to get your bucks. Oh, and I did not join. :D :!:, but I kept the nice plastic orange wallets to to keep my hunting licences in so I don't lose them. :D
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
l patterson

n.a.h.c.

Post by l patterson »

joined when i first started hunting but didnt renew my membership cause there are better magazines books out there my opion only
redmandant

Post by redmandant »

Its not too bad, I read as much as I can. The bullitin board is pretty good also.

http://www.huntingclub.com

the books are expensive, but ya got 30days to read them. Then I just put em back in the box and send them back NC..

sry guys, just checked and ya cant log on unless you are a member.

It's worth getting a subscription, just for the mag and bullitin board...
I know I can't spell but does it look like I CAIR!!!!!
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

I use to be a member until they started threatening to send my bill for things I did not order to a collection agency and I took them to task with the state's AG office and the US Postmaster General. If any organizations send you something you did not order, request, or ask for, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. After that , I never got a renewel from them and have never been allowed to rejoin. They send allot of things they expect you to send money back to them for without question. Their magazine is very good but that's all I can say for them.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

Looks like I bit the hook.. :x hopefully they don't send me too much useless crap and expect me to pay for it. I'm never in a mood for that. :evil: Wish I could climb into the mailbox and pull back the envelope....

Hmmmm, maybe a stop payment for my subscription is in order....

:twisted:
CRASHCOSBO

Post by CRASHCOSBO »

My Dad is a life member..Mom bought it for him...they send you stuff to test every now and again and you get a magazine every month..they also give you discounts and deals through certain pro shops and outfitters...not a bad deal if you actually use it I guess..I think it was like $400 for the life membership though...
There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness"
NightTrain

Post by NightTrain »

After talking to some former members, Im glad I decided to decline. It's not a club, it's an ad firm. Everything is about pushing products using high preasure.

The nomination letter looked like it was written by a used car salesman :lol:

What a load!

I do like the orange licence jacket though :wink: I'll be keepin that
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:lol: :lol: I've been a Life Member for about 4 years now and have NEVER had anything sent to me unsolicitied! Someone commented about products been pushed with high presssure....don't know were you got your info but you obviously know not what you talk of!!!!!! Granted, the magazine is geared towards our southern neighbours but heck hunting is hunting and it is always a good read and you can never stop learning! Just my own .02 cents worth! :wink: Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!