Dissipator pads/Vixen

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Swede

Dissipator pads/Vixen

Post by Swede »

Can I use dissipator pads for the Vixen crossbow? Does anyone of you use it for target shooting? Do you recomend it? I will shoot 3D and sporting with the Vixen.
Last edited by Swede on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
GaryL

Re: Dissipator pads/Vixen

Post by GaryL »

Swede wrote:Can I use dissipator pads for the Vixen crosbow? Does anyone of you use it for target shooting? Do you recomend it? I will shoot 3D and sporting with the Vixen.
They sell the DP bars & pads Swede, however they are not a have to but I like'em.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
bails111

Post by bails111 »

Swede:

I shoot my Vixen deluxe with dissipitator pads without a problem. I got them
to reduce the noise because my neihbours house is so close and didn't want to disturb them when they are in their yard. Now I wouldn't do without them.
they really take the buzz(vibration) out of the Vixen . I hunt and 3d with them.
I 've never chrony'd with or without them but I filled my two tags this year so
I think my bolts where going plenty fast enough with them on. :wink:
Play Safe
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Truth of the fact is dissipitator pads makes very, very little difference.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
gad

Post by gad »

GaryL wrote:Truth of the fact is dissipitator pads makes very, very little difference.
I dont think so GaryL. I do have the dissipator pads on my exomaX, and bought the dissipator bars/pads to put on my exocet 175, that came without it. (was not the deluxe version). My exocet 175 is shooting too much smooth than before.

Also, one of my friends have one exocet 200. They have shoot two dryfires. The first without the dissipator pads. The limbs was then broked on the tips.

The second shot was with the dissipator pads. Nothing bad occurs with his xbow.

So I think that the dissipator pads may help to preserve the crossbow on a acidental dryfire. It was only one incident, so it may be to few data to take a conclusion, but the dryfire without damage may show up how much the dissipator pads are excelent for the crossbow.
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Giving this more thought gad, you are very right. Better with then with out :!: :wink: Quote in part "So I think that the dissipator pads may help to preserve the crossbow on a acidental dryfire. "

I myself have shot with them and with out them and noise wise to my hearing made no difference, some with good hearing may tell the difference. With that in mind I think your statement of maybe help preserve the limbs on a acidental dryfire is worth all looking at.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
gad

Post by gad »

GaryL wrote:Giving this more thought gad, you are very right. Better with then with out :!: :wink: Quote in part "So I think that the dissipator pads may help to preserve the crossbow on a acidental dryfire. "

I myself have shot with them and with out them and noise wise to my hearing made no difference, some with good hearing may tell the difference. With that in mind I think your statement of maybe help preserve the limbs on a acidental dryfire is worth all looking at.
GaryL,
I think that on the noisy question, it really does not help too much. I feel the diference in the vibration of the crossbow on shoot. With the dissipator pads, it vibrates less. I also think that noisy is much more caused by the string travel/stop. The dissipator pads could not help too much on the string noisy.
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED