O/T in the market for an ATV

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

huntman

O/T in the market for an ATV

Post by huntman »

Hi guys i was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on an ATV. I have been in the market for a while, and i am finally ready to make the move. I have narrowed it down to the honda/ suzuki/ or the bombardier, but i am leaning more toward the bombardier. They are all 400 any advice would be helpfull?
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I know one fella with the 360? Bombardier and he loves it. Lots of pickup and torque for its size, plus it has independant rear suspension. I know someone else with the 400 Eiger and he loves that too. As for the Honda, they are a bit of a stiff ride, but its a Honda.....tough as nails.

I'm also in the market and I've got it down to the Eiger or a Yamaha Bruin. I'm not a big fan of the huge machines. I like to be able to pull them out of a tight spot by hand if need be.

Good luck.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
BOB VANDRISH

ATV

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

I have had a Honda 400 fourtrax for nearly six years,and all I can say is that it has been a very reliable machine.
I have followed bigger machines through some pretty steep runs,and had power to spare.
I have also hauled trailer loads of wood many times,and again was not forcing the machine to do the work.
So far,all I have had to do as far as maintenance is change the oil,and replace one handle grip.
Very satisfied,as you can see!
Bob.
Bob Vandrish.
hawg hunter

atv choice

Post by hawg hunter »

ihave had serveral atvs all of them 400cc or better . honda yamaha kawasaki and artic cat. never a bombardier but can tell you that a friend of mine bought outlander 400 and it out pulls any of the 400s made by any of the above better seaing arrangement for 2 and very reliable . we use and abuse our atvs regularly on the lease.
rtcdir

Post by rtcdir »

A buddy has a Honda 300 and when it is running it is a work horse but we have trouble with it stalling.
huntman

Re: atv choice

Post by huntman »

hawg hunter wrote:ihave had serveral atvs all of them 400cc or better . honda yamaha kawasaki and artic cat. never a bombardier but can tell you that a friend of mine bought outlander 400 and it out pulls any of the 400s made by any of the above better seaing arrangement for 2 and very reliable . we use and abuse our atvs regularly on the lease.

That is exactly what the sales rep said about the bomb but it's nice to hear it from someone who has one or know of them first hand.

thanks for the replies
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Huntman I'm reading your mail. I too was in the market for a ATV. I narrowed it down to the Bomb 400 or the Honda Rubicon CTE (Canadian Trail Edition). I've done Extensive Research on these two models. I went on many forums, ATV reviews, and talked to people that have both machines. The winner was the Honda Ruby. I'll be picking it up on April 03.

The Bombardier Outlander 400 XT had many good features. First of all it has more aggressive tires, 6 ply, radials, heavy duty bumpers, 2500 lb. Warn winch, IRS suspension, hand guard protectors, a very proven Visco Lock Diff. and a 3 year warranty.

In the earlier models they had problems with some of the electrical, mainly the Voltage Regulator, but I think they have that ironed that out now, with it being put to the back of the bike, with double plugs. It left many a ATV'er walking. Also in the '03 and '04 models the brake pads were extremely soft, wearing out in just over 300 miles. Their now upgraded with the ECM pads. I don't know why the guys wore them out so fast, because the engine braking is second to none. The bomb 400 is a little loud for my liking, with the belt clutch, not like the Rubicon with hydrostat drive (no belt).

The Honda Rubicon CTE has no extras like the Outlander, but it does have a built in GPS, fully automatic trans. with both low range and high range, plus it also has ESP shifting so you can shift manually for more even torque in heavy pulling conditions. Also to take note, the Honda Rubicon was specifically designed in Canada for Canadian trail conditions. It has adjustable shocks for a smoother ride, carbs for cold weather starting, and a bigger gas tank for longer rides. The warrantee is only 6 months, but you can now buy up to 3 year extra warrantee.

All in all Honda has really picked up their act in building a quality ATV that's very very reliable, bullet proof. I've owned a Honda 300 4X4 for 5 years with about 7500 miles on it, and never had one problem. I'm now going back to one. I personally know a full time trapper that has one with over 10,000 miles on it, and he has had no problems with it except for regular maintenance.

I paid $9500.00 plus 14% tax. I put down $1000.00 and picking it up in two weeks, can hardly wait. Come on snow start melting.

Good luck Huntman in buying an ATV, either of these models is good, with the edge going to Honda.

Grey Owl
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:lol: :lol: I have a 94 Suzuki King Quad and I love it!!!!!!!!!! :wink: Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Brampton Mike wrote::lol: :lol: I have a 94 Suzuki King Quad and I love it!!!!!!!!!! :wink: Brampton Mike 8)
Yep!!! Them are nice bikes also. A good friend of mine who is 86 years young has one, he's got 12,000 kms. on it and runs just fine. With 15 different gears, 3 ranges, they've got tons of low end power, with a very respectable ride.

I've got a 250cc Suzuki Ozark, that's unbelievable for a smaller quad, I keep that for running around the property.

Grey Owl
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

When I was looking at used bikes the King Quad was #1 on the list. I could not find a bad review about them.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

What do you need an ATV for?

:wink:
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
huntman

Post by huntman »

Woody Williams wrote:What do you need an ATV for?

Sorry woody NOT that type of guy i would much rather ride an ATV!!! :wink:
TYE

Post by TYE »

Woody Williams wrote:What do you need an ATV for?

:shock: