End of season pic....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bushmaster

End of season pic....

Post by bushmaster »

I know this isn't the right forum for this but I trap coyotes in the winter season and this is a pic of my catch. 59 coyotes, 8 fox and about 10 mangy coyotes discarded.

chessy

Post by chessy »

exellent ... and yotes are bringing a good price this year at the sale ...
Normous

Post by Normous »

AWESOME PIC BUSHMASTER!!!!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

Wow Bushmaster that's great. What did you use to take them? I think this is a good place to post that picture.
bushmaster

Post by bushmaster »

Boo, I snare them . I shoot them when I see them but of the 59 only 1 is shot.
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

An excellent picture bushmaster! The results aren't bad either.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

WOW THATS COOL!!!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

looks like you know what you're doing, nice picture :D
For me hunting is just like Mossy Oak, it's not a passion, it's an Obsession
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

Bushmaster of all the people on this forum your now my favorite, if theres one thing I truly hate its them coyotes their starting to show up more and more aroud here :evil:
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Good trapping bushmaster. You can store them at my place if you want, got lots of room. HEHE

Grey Owl
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Good Job, Bushmaster!
Ontario Trophy Bucks
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Bushmaster of all the people on this forum your now my favorite, if theres one thing I truly hate its them coyotes their starting to show up more and more aroud here
What's the deal with hating coyotes :? ? They are just another part of the food chain. Do you want to see them extinct?

Bushmaster, looks like you had a productive season. Was it an average harvest? What does a pelt go for these days?
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
patmax

Post by patmax »

ecoaster said:
What's the deal with hating coyotes ? They are just another part of the food chain. Do you want to see them extinct?
ecoaster, I not trying to take issue with you; but let me point out that no one said anything about trying to force the coyote to extinction - they aren't even close to being extinct. They do need to be controlled and thanks to Bushmaster for the part he is doing.

ecoaster, I raise Mouflon sheep and have since 1988. If I have a chance to shoot a 10 point buck or a coyote - I'll take the coyote. This statement should give you an idea of the damage they have caused me over the years. I don't hate them - I have a lot of respect for them - I don't want to force them to extinction. I do want to keep enough pressure on them so that they are in balance with their food supply - small rodents. When they get out of balance they gravitate to household pets, new born calves, my sheep, etc. The closer you are to a large town the bigger the coyote problem - has been my experience.

Good job Bushmaster.

Good hunting,
patmax
Last edited by patmax on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Patmax,

I take no offfense to your comments, and I do agree with you on putting enough pressure on predators to protect your livestock. I would do the same in your position. Well passing on a 10pt buck may be a little hard :wink: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
bushmaster

Post by bushmaster »

When the world finally ends...there will be rats, cockroaches...and coyotes still standing !! They are that resilient.

I don't hate them, I have the utmost respect for them. This is likely an average year for me and the day I pulled my snares there was fresh coyote tracks within 100 yards of my house (rural). I doubt if you could eradicate coyotes if you tried. And many years ago it was tried, by poison, shooting from airplanes, etc. and the coyote won that war. There are times at night when their howling from the willows 200 yards south drowns out the TV racquet.

Prices are up a bit this year and I hope the prices hold. Mine will be sold at auction in May....I think in Toronto ??....and I HOPE to average between $50 and $60 dollars.