FINALLY! own an Excalibur - need advice

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Perch74

FINALLY! own an Excalibur - need advice

Post by Perch74 »

l've been visiting for awhile now and this forum made up my mind. Bought a new Phoenix the other day and the accuracy is awesome with the field points. l've heard so much the the Montec G5 that l bought the pre-season 100gr with the Gold Tip 11 bolts. Anyway, with the field points, great accuracy, switched to the pre-season Montec's and was shooting 5-6 inches below target. l thought that the montec's are supposed shoot like field points or is it the pre-season Montec's that proved to be in accurate.
Thanks for all your help and will share my knowledge as time goes on.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

The best bet is to try a broadhead and set up your bow to match that head. It they are consistently low but group well, just adjust your sights to accomodate this. Everyone has their preference, so just keep trying ones until you find one you love!!!!
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Tommy-SKIL-Figure

Post by Tommy-SKIL-Figure »

I am not too experienced with my Exocet either however maybe you should check the weights of your field points? if your field points are less than 100 grains and shooting dead on, switching to heavier montecs could cause them to shoot lower.

If thats not what it is, just wait for someone who knows exactly what they're talking about to come on here and take their advice.

Sincerley, Thomas
jay73

Post by jay73 »

I'm with Ecoaster. I pick a broadhead and practice with them.(not that it takes alot). That way, I know they're dead on when I head out hunting.I know some guys like to practice with field points and pick broadheads for hunting that will fly that same, I just couldn't be bothered to do it that way.

Good luck, and congats on your Pheonix.

Jay
Fox

Post by Fox »

I shoot the broadheads to sight in then switch to field points if I feel like shooting for fun. My father setup his bow with field points last year then switched to broadheads that were suppose to fly the same, they were off a little and he hit the deer a little back, not the ideal situation.
TYE

Post by TYE »

My favourite broadhead so far is a NAP Thunderheads :)
franklinm

Post by franklinm »

TYE wrote:My favourite broadhead so far is a NAP Thunderheads :)
So are mine one hundred grain , fly same as my one hundred grain Field points . no adjustment needed .