water on bow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tommy-SKIL-Figure

water on bow

Post by Tommy-SKIL-Figure »

How waterproof are the Excalibur crossbows?

Obviously i wont be going diving with my Exocet but I am going hunting this weekend and the weather outside is a little drizzley. I don't want a little or a lot of rain to stop my hunt, its never stopped my rifle shooting.

I am just concerned about the x-bow in the rainy weather. Is it ok to get a little water through the track and on the string ??

please let me know asap.
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

I've used mine in wet snow many times with no problems. Keep the trigger lubricated with some light oil. Wipe off any excess moisture and allow it to dry when you get back home after you dress your deer.

Good Luck.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I don't like to get hunting equipment wet, but the Excalibur will take it. My first deer with the new Phoenix was on an overcast evening. I shot her, then the rain started. I had to get on her trail sooner than I like, and did get wet (as in soaked) in the process. The Phoenix was soaked, too. My answer to this problem is (as soon as possible) to dry the crossbow off with a towell, then take the air compressor and blow the water out of the "nooks & crannies". A drying period inside a heated room in cool weather, then some lubricant sprayed in the trigger mechanism and it will be fine.
wabi
terry-1

water

Post by terry-1 »

I shot several bucks in the rain with my exocet. I have noticed that it tends to shot about 2inchs low at 25 yard swhen it it soaked. Its the water weight on the string and limbs I think slowing the crossbow down alittle.
Tommy-SKIL-Figure

Post by Tommy-SKIL-Figure »

thanks for the input guys!