String maintenance

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Perch74

String maintenance

Post by Perch74 »

In the excailbur video, it says to put the string and deck wax only on the serving of the string that touch the deck. But , l've heard that you some guys put the wax on the deck too (which l think slows it down) and also some buy the Silicone string wax and rub that into the string (to kept moisture out). On my old Horton, l used the rail lube which worked amazing, but it is never mentioned to use on an Excalibur. What is the right way to maintain the string for optimal performance?
Thanks
A.W

Post by A.W »

Use whatever one you prefer. The wax on the serving will coat the rail however you don't want too much was on the rail.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I rub the wax on my string and the serving. I use a piece of leather to rub it in with, since it melts the wax into the string well. Works for me.
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

Being an archer for many years, I always maintain my homemade string with wax on a regualr base, but none on the serving.

When I purchased my Excalibur Exocet 175, I noticed the info for waxing on the video where they only mentioned waxing the serving so it does the job on the rail. Well I wax the whole string of my crossbow, never had a problem.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I find the factory servings don't last quite as long, so when they wear through, I take them in and get Tim at my shop to make a stronger serving. I've had his serving on my string for almost a year now, and it's not worn at all.
Perch74

Post by Perch74 »

Thanks guys!