Anyone Ever set up an excalibur for 3D or "WCSA" S

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jim C

Anyone Ever set up an excalibur for 3D or "WCSA" S

Post by Jim C »

with a conventional archery sight and scope? I used to shoot 3D with a varizone but I am thinking of taking Bill Pimm's (President of TNC) suggestion and setting up a Phoenix (heaviest current excalibur legal in IBO and WCSA) like I do a Point Blanc with a SureLoc sight but since magnification is legal in "Sport" putting a 4-6 power lens in a scope. I might also put a lens in a peep sight. I have a phoenix with the older style riser coming from Dan Miller (the riser where the front fiber sight screws on to the riser rather than the dovetail-and I have a couple of Dan's mounts that take a check it bar). The advantage is being able to aim dead on at any distance be it unknown for 3D or the 55/45/35M that the WCSA sport division uses
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach
TYE

Post by TYE »

I haven't got a single clue what you're talking about. Can you fill me in? :oops:
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

TYE wrote:I haven't got a single clue what you're talking about. Can you fill me in? :oops:
if that is the case I don't think you are going to be much use to me :P

Target (FIELD) Crossbows don't allow scopes. SPORT AND IBO crossbows DO. However, the problem with using a SCOPE on 3D courses or in formal WCSA target events is that you usually have to HOLD OFF (up or down) on some targets.

On FIELD (Target) Crossbows, we afix a normal archery target sight on the front of the bow and this allows you the wide vertical movement needed for sight marks from say 10 yards out to 60 yards. I am going to set up a bow for WCSA Field target and IBO with a sureloc and a 4-6 power compound scope.
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach
TYE

Post by TYE »

Jim C wrote:
TYE wrote:I haven't got a single clue what you're talking about. Can you fill me in? :oops:
if that is the case I don't think you are going to be much use to me :P

Target (FIELD) Crossbows don't allow scopes. SPORT AND IBO crossbows DO. However, the problem with using a SCOPE on 3D courses or in formal WCSA target events is that you usually have to HOLD OFF (up or down) on some targets.

On FIELD (Target) Crossbows, we afix a normal archery target sight on the front of the bow and this allows you the wide vertical movement needed for sight marks from say 10 yards out to 60 yards. I am going to set up a bow for WCSA Field target and IBO with a sureloc and a 4-6 power compound scope.
Gotchya.
Swede

Post by Swede »

I have set up my PointBlanc for fieldtarget WCSA. Improved sightings, butt hook and made the the stock much shorter. I am shooting 1916 arrows made by Micky Skottlund(Known WCSA shooter). They weigh 300grains and they fly wonderful.
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

Hi there i shoot alot of 3D tournaments , around simcoe county Barrie area, i use my Exocet 175 lb , i bought it new in spring of 05 , i have a Varizone scope on it , i use gold tip w/ brass inserts w/ 100 gr tips, it shoots about 298 fps, crossbows cant be over 300 fps in a tourny, so far i have won 10 trophys - 7 last summer & 3 so far this yr, i love my 3D , & i love my Excalibur. happy shooting .