double bull blind??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

terry-1

double bull blind??

Post by terry-1 »

Has anyone ever tried to shoot one of the excalibur crossbows out of the smaller double bull T2 blind? I have the T5 full size it it has more than enought room but weight is about 20lbs and I don't like carrying it around very far. The t2 is about 12lbs and smaller in size to pack around if my exocet will fit it in Ok.
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

I have a Matrix 360 (same dimensions as your T5), but given the dimensions, I'm pretty sure that the T2 would be big enough to shoot your crossbow from.

I've had excellent customer service from them the couple times I've called (888-464-0409) and emailed them (can't find the email address on the new site!). I'd give them a call and ask them about the T2 being big enough for you. They actually advised me to NOT buy the more expensive recurve model of the Matrix because I just wanted more headroom and didn't actually plan on shooting a recurve and they didn't feel it worked as well as the standard Matrix.

It looks like Double Bull just had their website re-done, too. MUCH better than it was. I don't know how far you have to hike, but maybe the new Wild Thing pack that they're going to start selling soon for $229 would help you with your T5? It look interesting, but it's out of my budget for this year. I don't plan on ever hiking far enough to justify spending that much money on a pack anyway.
Nightmare

New Members Two Cents

Post by Nightmare »

Hello

I have finally taken the plunge. And picked up a new an Exocet 200 ( a little dissapointed it didn't come with the new Quiver ) and a day later ordered up the Double Bull Matrix Blind. I had the same dilemma. My Buddy hunts out of a T5 and loves it ( he got it before the Matrix came out, and wishes he had a Matrix now, I geuss he'll have to hunt with me from now on lol ). I spoke to the guys at Double Bull and they recommended the Matrix. I know it's heavier (5.5lbs more), but it has 360 degree view and more room for my son or a buddy. Initially I looked at the T2 as well it's weight was luring and price point. But the window is 52" and the limbs on the Excalibur XBow's are 36" only allowing 8" on either side of the XBow (the T2 Peaks at the top as well decreasing room). This is very do able but I opted to carry a little more pay load and drop a little more doe. To get a heck of a lot more room and 360 degree view. Take it for what it's worth. It really comes down to what is important to you and the conditions and surroundings you hunt in.

Cheers to all and Happy Easter
terry-1

T2

Post by terry-1 »

I don't think I would buy the new matrix 360 as its to close to the same size and same thing as my T5 which is only a few months old now. I really like the T5 double bull blind I said I would never buy one as the cost so much more than the dog house blind I bought at walmart $70 and still use alot its a good blind also. After hunting in my buddies double bull I had to have one it is just a better built, has better material,better overall design. It really is the best blind made no way around it. If anyone ever thought about buying one but was unsure if it was worth the price I would say yes it is. I think I am going to give a T2 a try to replace my dog house and give it to my dad to use.
Bucktail

Double Bull T2

Post by Bucktail »

I have no problem shooting my max from my T2. I find that I use it more and leave my T5 at home. The T5 is nice if you have a friend come along to hunt or video.

Bucktail
TYE

Post by TYE »

Those Double Bull blinds look like the cats ass, but they're so darn expensive.
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

I used to have a Hunter's View Trophy Den (basically the same as this one, but one of the poles ripped through the fabric towards the end of my first season with it, and then I struggled with it for another year before finally throwing it away.

When it came time to get a new one, I almost bought the same model again for around $100, but I had never seen a single bad review for the Double Bulls and I was intrigued. Since I had the cash, I decided that I had to buy one to see what the big deal was.

The difference in quality is night and day. Very heavy duty fabric... hubs made of metal instead of plastic... No velcro and barely any zippers. When you watch the dvd that they included, they point all of the little things that they did - things that increased the cost, but also increased the quality. Like having six extra inches of fabric hang down like a skirt all around the blind to ensure a tighter "seal" with the ground to hold in scent and keep out wind and light. They acknowledge on the dvd that they are marketing to a very small set of hunters that are not only interested in using a ground blind, but also are willing to spend a few hundred dollars on a blind.

In my opinion, if you are planning on setting up a bunch of blinds in various spots and leaving them there all season long, I'd buy the cheaper ones for that (make sure you stake them down, though!). If you want just one blind that you're going to be setting up and breaking down regularly and that you want to last for many years, I'd save up and go with the Double Bull for sure (and no - I don't work for them!).
TYE

Post by TYE »

I'm probably going to be trying out a Hunters View Wigwam blind this year.
Nightmare

Post by Nightmare »

I received my Matrix Double Bull blind today, awsome Blind. I love the Predetor Camo, blends in really well As for the owning a T5 and purchasing a Matrix. I wouldn't do it either. The T5 is a great blind and is the same size. I do wish I had the extra doe for a T2 as well, but it just isn't in the cards this year. It's good to know that there is enough room in the T2 for a Exomax though for future referance.

Thanks
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:lol: :lol: i use the Ameristep Doghouse...no problems great blind...........I also have a brand new still in the box Outhouse for sale.... :wink: ...Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
ddwade

Post by ddwade »

My wife just surprised me with a T2 for my birthday. I shot my Pheonix out of it this morning with no problems and then took to the woods and set it up for hunts this week. The quality is great.
DWinVA