Exocet purchase

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bryceville

Exocet purchase

Post by Bryceville »

I bought the exocet that Lynn-x had offered, and it was indeed in pristine condition. Now all that I have to do is get a target and some deck wax, and I will do some serious target shooting. I have never bow hunted before, so this will be a new venture for me ( I have hunted a lot with black powder and rifle), and I am looking foward to it. Can anyone recommend a good home made target?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Always learning!!
Home fer now!
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

Hi , use rail lube on the rail ( just a little ) and use wax on the string , dont put wax on the center serving part of your string , just put a little rail lube on that center part (serving ) & rub it into the serving, put wax on the actual string and rub the wax in to the string , wax on the rail will slow the string down - gums up to much drag , happy shooting .
sidekick

Post by sidekick »

xbowking wrote:Hi , use rail lube on the rail ( just a little ) and use wax on the string , dont put wax on the center serving part of your string , just put a little rail lube on that center part (serving ) & rub it into the serving, put wax on the actual string and rub the wax in to the string , wax on the rail will slow the string down - gums up to much drag , happy shooting .
Just an observation. Excal recommends rubbing the wax into the serving...with no mention of rail lube. Do you have a specific product you recommend?
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/KOhunter/EXCAL25.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/KOhunter/exocet20050.jpg[/img]
The two keys to a succesfull life-
"PASSION" and "COMPASSION" !!!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Horton rail lube works fer me :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Digger

Post by Digger »

I wax the whole string top, bottom and centre serving, then rub the wax in with a piece of leather. The heat from rubbing melts the wax into the strands to protect the string from dust particles that can abrade the fibers and weaken the string, it also lets the string shed water from snow and rain. The strings on my Vixens last about 400 shots or more. I change the strings just before deer season starts and keep the old string as a spare.
I don't use rail lube very often, once a year and very lightly when I use it.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity