Bad Press

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

steve

Post by steve »

crossbows don't shoot people, pets , or feild tips . It's the person behind the bow. :cry:
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Just about every year there will be a picture of a duck , goose or swan that has been shot with a field point . The arrow will have only partially penetrated the bird. This type of photo gives the animal rights people all the graphic ammo they need. It is to only a few can make the rest look bad.
Digger

Post by Digger »

jh45gun
You could put this pic up as a rebuttal that not all bow nunters are blessed with smarts. It was posted here a couple of times.

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I read alot on several xbow sites, and there's a few things I've noticed I'd like to point out. First, the real "bashers" are going to take their feelings to the grave. They would not change their opinions for anything. Secondly, there are a whole bunch of verticle shooters that don't care about the xbow issue one way or the other, until we as xbowers tend to lump them in w/ the bashers. How many times have we all seen those impressive lookig long lists of associations that are opposed to xbow use or expansion?? It's plain common sense that not every member of every one of those groups feels the way their leadership represents them to. I think when we make generalizations that they take to include them, the resentment really comes out, as they can't really do anything about their own organizations telling them how to think, but they can sure let us know they're not happy if they think we look at them all the same. We have alot of members on this forum that use both bows. We can get the new folks and the fence-sitters. Just my .02 cents worth. Regards to all.
"Eze 18:21"
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

"How many times have we all seen those impressive lookig long lists of associations that are opposed to xbow use or expansion?? It's plain common sense that not every member of every one of those groups feels the way their leadership represents them to."

And even if the members in those organizations were 100% against the crossbows it wouold still be a very, very tiny percentage of all bowhunters.

The organizations represent ONLY their membership. They do not in any way represent all bowhunters.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Vince

Post by Vince »

This debate has gone on for as long as I can remember and I've been shooting and hunting with bows since the early 80's!!!!!!
Back then xbows weren't as numerous nor as popular in the deer woods and mostly populated by the vertical bow hunter using traditional gear (recurve and cedar shafts).... similiar debates and arguements started back then between traditional bows and compound bows........regarding traditional archery vs bare compound bow vs instictive shooting vs gap shooters vs finger shooters vs sight shooters (sights are for sissys) vs release shooters vs speed bows vs plastic feathers vs turkey feathers vs paper tune vs bare shaft tune vs cedar shats vs aluminum etc etc etc and the traditional archer didn't want bare compound bows and the compound bow archer didn't want traditional equipment within their circle
What's really interesting is at 3D shoots today, the compound archer (finger, mechanical release and unlimited category) all shoot from the same stake as the xbow archers....them vertical shooters don't seem to argue about an unfair advantage nor do they complain that xbow shooters should compete with the rifle guys at the rifle range, do they?