Turkey wings wanted

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

footed shaft

Turkey wings wanted

Post by footed shaft »

It's that time of year again folks,we are only 1 week from the opener of turkey season ( :D )so i would like to put ther bug in everyones ear that i am in need of any/all of your turkey wings.
I recieved a bunch from the great folks on this site last year and am very appreciative of that. :)
I also made a pile of ground ready to shoot for fellas on here as well. I can use the whole wing(primarys and secondarys as they both make great fletching. :)
I live in Tillsonburg but i am more than willing to drive to the Simcoe/Dehi area as well as to St.Thomas/Talbotville area and everywhere in between.
You can PM me here if you have wings for me or give me a call on my cell(519)983-8404. Thanks again . Bill
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

Only 4 days to go !!!!!! :D :D .Keep me in mind fellas/gals when you are cleaning up your birds,don't throw them wings in the garbage or in a gully somewhere. :( I should have elaborated more in my first post but i am using them for fletching on my cedar arrows off my recurve. They look great and they are alot more waterproof due to the heavy oil lines in them compared to domestic birds.
I can grind some down if someone has some that they would like to use but don't have the means to split/grind and chop them.Pm me with details and we can work out the shipping details. :) Thanks again. Bill
Fox

Post by Fox »

Would you be willing to make a few arrows for someone who gets you some wings? I was actually thinking of making arrows for my 40lb longbow but do not have the tools. I guess I will have to get a bird first, let me know if you would be willing to make some arrows and what they may cost.
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

Fox,i sure would be willing, :D just let me know what spine,length of arrow and a few other little details(pm me) and i will make some up for ya :D . Bill
Fox

Post by Fox »

Lets see how the season goes and I will let you know.
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

TTT
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

footed shaft,

I'm not promissing you anything, but I'll see what I can come up with for you this season.

I never was one to count my turkeys before they hatched!... :wink:
Ontario Trophy Bucks
diesel

Post by diesel »

Got one set of wings for you today. Will hold till the weekend and hope for more. :)
Fox

Post by Fox »

I have not had any luck yet but my buddy had a pick of 5 toms near Orangville, he took the biggest one and said I could have the wings, I am gonna try to pick them up tonight. I have a 40# longbow and draw 29", let me know what you want to have a few arrows made up.
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

TTT :D
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

Thanks for all the pm's i have recieved for turkey wings folks :D .I can ALWAYS use more so keepem coming. :wink: Thanks again.Bill
Doug the Slug

May Day Turkey Slay!

Post by Doug the Slug »

Hi Gang: I lucked out on Monday (May Day=May 1) morning at 6:10 a.m., it was the first day I was able to get out. Caught Mr. Tom strutting his stuff for his lady friend, unfortunately(for him!) he answered my love sick call. Prone position, #6 winchester mags(2 3/4") at 17 yards, Tom now resides in my freezer. :D :D

Can someone advise me of how to post to post pics on here please & thanks.

Doug[/img]
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

doug you need to post pics else where first, i use hunt101.com then when you write your posts click the Img button on top, then past the address of the pic and click the Img button again, now let's see those pics.
For me hunting is just like Mossy Oak, it's not a passion, it's an Obsession
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

TTT,keep them feathers coming folks. :D Bill
diesel

Post by diesel »

Well just found out I should have Two more sets of wings for you. I jake and a long beard. Will send at the end of season. Let me know how the first two set make the trip, so i can pack differently if needed.