Two Blade Broadheads-Opinions!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tommy-SKIL-Figure

Two Blade Broadheads-Opinions!

Post by Tommy-SKIL-Figure »

What is the best two blade broadhead on the market??
that will fly straight out of an Exocett and will be strong enough to take down large game. Large cutting diameter is essential but not a mechanical blade-it can include bleeder blades.

Would be used for cow or buffalow.

Does anyone on here use two blade broadheads if you have, have they been successfull?

Thomas
Ambition is the excuse for those who do not have the guts to be lazy
Andy_

Post by Andy_ »

I know only mechanical one ...

There was a time, when GATOR broadhead had been selling.

But it's completely gone. It was perfectly in flight... and wide open in the game.
TB

Post by TB »

Bill's using a two blade to hunt the elephant he's after. I think he told me the total weight was over 900 gms. It sure felt heavy.
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D Here are a few links , I have used many of these out of my long bows and recurves and they all are deadly when sharp. and tuned
http://www.nzap.co.nz/bheads_trad.php

http://www.magnusbroadheads.com/stingers_main.html
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
TB

Post by TB »

bstout That was Bill's main concern, slipping past those heavy ribs and getting enough penetration. Hopefully that extra weight will get the job done. The extra weight comes from one arrow shaft inside the other.
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

I own two blade broadheads, and used them with my recurve, but I seem to remember reading one time that using them with crowsbows or compound bows made then planed out of control, so never tried them on my Exocet.

You guys seemed to state, there is not such problem?
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

The problem of planing is their, you just have to set your bolt up right! true spin and proper off set with your vane or feathers for a good spin. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
terry-1

2 blades

Post by terry-1 »

I shot nothing but 2 blades until the last 3 years. My favorite is the Simmons land sharks 100gr. They flew perfect out of my exocet on carbon bolts. Mangus 100gr stingers were also great. Simmons shark bottem of the picture Image
Tommy-SKIL-Figure

Post by Tommy-SKIL-Figure »

Love the information bstout,

You have really go tme excited about two blade broadheads!-I rekon that if i cant get zwickeys here I will definately order some from the states!

I love the idea of arrow dvelopment however my knowledge on it is quite poor as I am very new to crossbow hunting let alone an form of arrow hunting. Would it be possible for you to post some pics of the equipment and processes you use to get your two blade broadheads set up right. That would be fantastic! This may sound silly but what does an arrow spinner look like and how do you torch it to keep the glue malleable without burning the bolts? Info like that would be much appreciated.

Thomas
Ambition is the excuse for those who do not have the guts to be lazy