I want in Please!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big John

I want in Please!

Post by Big John »

Hey guy's:

Everyone knows on this site and a couple others that I've been trying to get a Wild boar hunt going, By myself and meet others there, or go with others. Preferably go with others. Doesn't matter to me if it's "Gun" or "Crossbow". If anyone is organizing or planning a Hunt of this nature please consider me as one to bring. Let me know by "PM". I can Stand hunt, or Stalk and Hunt, or long range shooting. If none of these are good I can jump from the tree's and stab the Buggers with my knife!
At 6'-3" and 250 lbs. I wont let them get away! :twisted:

Thank you ,

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

John : As far as I know , the wild boar farms have closed up in Ontario .

PM Big Bear .... he hunted at a pace a few years back .... or PM Grey Owl .... he has a place scoped out in Saskatchewan .

I just finished watching some video of Alaskan and Yukon Monster Moose hunting ! .... I'm saving up for that trip !

I've taken 2 small bulls over the years .... 1 with my .270 S+W Model 1500 and 1 with my PSE Vulcan II compound bow .

But still haven't had an opportunity to take one down with any of my Excalibur's .... that's my next challenge ! .... Planning it for fall of 2008 .

Man ... the bulls they were seeing in the vidoes I watched , were 65 inch ++ :shock: :shock:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Big John

Boar hunt

Post by Big John »

Hey R.J.:

I'm not talking a hunt in "fenced" Canadian properties. I'm talking about a Wild Boar hunt in the South. 8)
I also would like to go to Alaska to hunt some King Moose, but right now it's focus on Wild boar for a change. Ultimately where there is no fences to keep game in.

Thank's anyway though. :wink:

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Sorry John,

I can't help you with a wild boar hunt. Maybe one of our southern members can help you with that.

Hey R.J.

Do you mind if I ask which Outfitter you're planning to go with in the Yukon for your moose hunt and what the cost is?. I am also interested in going for one of these Yukon moose hunting adventures myself. I have a couple a DVD's here from the Rackman who guides hunts in the Yukon but he is quite expensive. I went to this guy's 5 hour moose hunting and calling seminar he had in Gatineau this past March 8th, this guy is something else when it comes to moose hunting and calling. Just awesome he is...

Here's his website...

www.hommepanache.com
Ontario Trophy Bucks
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

John, try this:

www.wildernesshuntinglodge.com

I know of several that have hunted there, and they enjoyed it. The rules of "fair chase" are adhered to. Also, you can use a guide or hunt on your own, at least that's my undersstanding, from several who have hunted there. Boar are also pretty prolific in the Cherokee National Forrest, but this would require a TN license and some pretty extensive scout time, although I believe guides are available.

Good luck
Joe
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

FELLAS if you want to check prices on a Yukon moose hunt check on www.jim shockey.com.HE is one of the best.BUT you are looking at BIG bucks inUS FUNDS.NOt including gettin there and getting the meat back home.IF YOU have to ask the price then you probably cant afford it,if you can then lt us know all about your hunt.ARE CROSSBOWS allowed in the yUKON.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

bait pile,.... You obviously don't know me, cause if and when I want to go on a hunt, I go, trust me...lol... As a matter a fact I have already looked into a Saskatchewan Trophy deer hunt with Jim for 2007, and yes I can afford it!... If I couldn't afford a moose hunt in the Yukon I wouldn't bother asking about it, but of course this would be a once in a lifetime adventure for me... And as far as crossbows being allowed in the Yukon, I know crossbows aren't legal to hunt with in the Yukon. That ain't news to me. FYI, I also hunt with a compound bow...
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Hoss

Re: I want in Please!

Post by Hoss »

John wrote: I can jump from the tree's and stab the Buggers with my knife!
At 6'-3" and 250 lbs. I wont let them get away! :twisted:
Hey John I figure you were just blowin a bit there...thats not a advised thing to do ifn you were serious...around some parts they get 750 lbs with nasty cutters out the side..they would rip a man to pieces ifn you fell outa a tree on one and went to pockin his fat a$$ with a knife.. :lol:

I know your kiddin just had to mention it..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Big John

want in

Post by Big John »

Hoss:

Yea, just blowin a bit of steam.
But Wanted anyone to know that I can, and will do what it takes, just want to go. :)
But it sounded pretty good though Eh :!:

I've been studying them for a while already, and seen how big and nasty they get, just need to go and do it.

However, some of the Bears I hunt are pretty big and mean to. :twisted:

John

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

yea i hear ya man......me and my bro took down 3 pigs last week about 150-175lbs a piece...best for eatin....they get to big and they aint worth it..good luck John...
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Big John

want in

Post by Big John »

Sweet little piggy's eh! Way to go Hoss. 8)
I'm not looking for a Champion either, Possibly one, or two, around 250 lbs. with some neat little Tusks.

John

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

LW : I haven't picked one yet .... there are so many to choose from ! .... I've probably looked up 10 so far including Jim Schokey's outfit .

There are at least 30 more ... prices ranging from $ 4000. to $20000.USD
:shock: ( I don't want one that bad ! )

Some monsters in the Yukon from what I have seen on video .

Michigan hunter Dawson Colby Jr. now holds the record for the largest moose ever harvested in Canada, a massive bull taken in late August 2000 with MacMillan River Outfitters in the Yukon. Officially measured by Boone and Crockett scorers at 248 5/8 net points—topping the previous Canadian record by just 2/8 points—the bull is also now the third largest moose on record. Its antlers span some 75 inches—with 16 points on one side and 18 on the other—and each palm pushes the tape to 48 inches.

As for the money .... I'm not a rich man .... I've been on my own since I was 15 and worked hard for what I have , but when it comes to makeing a hunt of a life time like that happen , I will work towards it !

I'm also not looking for any record setting moose .... just drawn by the beauty of the scenery in the videos and the ruggedness of the terrian .... Looks like my kind of hunt !

Just seeing and photographing some of those beautifull animals would be a thrill of it's own !

I saw one video where a bow hunter was in the Yukon .... over 3 days they passed on some huge bulls , and ended up stalking a Monster , made a quarting away shot at 35 yards and the bull went approx. 10 yards , stone dead ! ....

It has always impressed me what an arrow can do !

I would have to shoot my compound if I hunt the Yukon ..... so I might keep looking into other options like Newfoundland ?

Anyway .... I rambling now ..... I'll keep you posted when I pick an outfitter and ask that you do the same .... Thanks

Sound like we share the same passion for the outdoors !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

R.J.

Yeah, the guy that put that seminar on charges $20,000 for his Yukon hunts, and Jim Shockey's moose prices for hunts up there are also right up there in USD funds as well.

Like yourself I'm no rich man either, but if I want something bad enough I work towards it and I go for it. I'm not looking for a record breaker either, but my dream is to one day knock one down with an arrow with around 60" across the antlers. And there are many moose up there that will go 60+"

I believe Newfoundland also doesn't allow the crossbow as a legal hunting tool. Anyway if you do find an outfitter in the decent price range, let me know and I'll do the same... Who knows, maybe we can do it together.

So yeah, I'll keep you posted!...

thanks

LW
Ontario Trophy Bucks
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Hoss wrote:yea i hear ya man......me and my bro took down 3 pigs last week
Hey Hoss, I didn't know you had hogs up your way!... That sounds like it would be a fun hunt. I'd love to go up and visit you sometime and go on a combo hog and a Rio's turkey hunt in Oklahoma... :wink:... You got Rio's up your way?

LW
Ontario Trophy Bucks
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

LW : Sounds like a plan ! ... 60 + would be something to see !