Shrooms!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Bob,
I've been eating them for a month. I eat them in eggs every morning, on pizza, sautee'd in butter, make a mushroom gravy, and eat over chicken, cream of morel soup, and breaded and fried. I have been picking them for about 20 years, and have found no good way to save them. I have dehydrated them, but they do not taste the same. What a great mushroom. I love them. I find that most of my turkey hunting, turns to mushroom hunting. A turkey is just a bonus. I was able to wax a turkey eating coyote with my phoenix, but the gobblers have been slipping by. I could have taken a jake (at least I think I could have) at about 5 yds. In the crosshairs, he looked dead. I'm holding out for a long beard. I've killed about 20, and since I have a xbow permit, I have been hunting with it. I still have 3 weeks. But I'll be looking for mushrooms too. Good Eating. Butcher
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
Leonard Hawkins

shrooooms

Post by Leonard Hawkins »

Yep mighty good eatin, got a bunch like that last week, cleaned them up already , yummmy :D
Allan

Post by Allan »

There is a good article in Ontario Out of Doors magazine this month on 5 common wild mushrooms. Specifically when and where they grow, how to identify them, and what there "nonedible" twins look like.
diesel

Post by diesel »

Hey Butcher,
My family would clean them dip in egg and butter mix then roll in flour .
Then spread on a cookie sheet and freeze them. They seem to keep and they always liked them.
I like to find they dut don't like to eat them.

After freezing you can put them in a freezer bag.